Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Du
Curious, which channel did you use to file the complaint? I was on the phone, each time over 2 hours of holding, the agent will not take complaints! If you could please share with us how do you file the complaint that'll be great. No point to pay for a car that I can't use for God knows how long...
Hi everyone-

escalate to the Service Director of your dealership, and hold them accountable for opening the escalation ticket with Audi Corporate Customer Experience. I’d provide them a link to this forum as well ;-).

This is a well known defect at Audi North America trending at ~5,000 cars currently idled waiting on parts.

If no luck with Service Director at dealer, bubble it up to the General Manager.

For me, took 7 weeks, but Audi covered it and provided a Q7 loaner, then swapped to Q8 loaner once they got one back in. They handled it like pros as you would expect from Audi even though I was just out of warranty at 54k miles.

Personally, I wouldn’t sit on hold with any contact center or emailing. Hold the dealer accountable. They are well equipped to escalate and in far better position to facilitate.

Last edited by Corpreneur; 12-19-2022 at 06:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 414 Likes on 351 Posts

⬆️ agree, if you can get the dealer to stand behind you, you're in a better position. If you can't, get with audi directly.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you all.

I sent a detailed email to the address provided above. Hopefully I will hear something back.

Followed up with a call to the dealer. Given that I did not purchase this vehicle from the dealer it's being serviced in I am not sure how much a weight they can put on. I did mention to my SA regarding the situation. All he said was at this point he's just waiting on the parts to arrive as there are almost 10 vehicles ahead of mine waiting on the SAME part. I did ask if he can submit a complaint on my behalf, while I did I not get a straight yes or no answer, he did point me directly to Audi directly. As for the loaner situation? According to the SA they didn't have a single loaner since November as majority of the repairs are waiting on the same dang part...

It's the end of the year and the holidays, I won't be surprised if I won't hear back for another month.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How much should it matter if the servicing dealer is the dealer you purchased from: IT SHOULD NOT MATTER AT ALL. If you buy the pre paid maintenance, or extended warranty etc, any dealer honors those. People move around, so having a higher level of associated with the selling dealer is bad for the brand. If a dealer treats you like crap because you didn't buy the car from "THEM" then what do they expect to happen when you go to buy your next car? I think if you are not getting the service you expect from a dealer, I'd hot foot it directly to audi on that. Let audi come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Makes you wonder at what point will they finally make it a recall? Cars that shutdown on the freeway doing 70mph is catastrophic. So are they waiting for a devasting crash to finally make the call? Seems like bad business.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello my car has been in the dealer for 2 months. It’s a cpo a8l 2019 40,000. They gave me a a3 base as a loner and it’s quite the downgrade. What channels did you use to get in touch with Audi corporate?

Did you email or call and if so what’s the best way to reach them?

Old 12-20-2022, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator Failure - 2019 Q8

Hi All - this is a very long thread but I do want to add, this weekend we had to have our Q8 towed to the dealership for Electrical Malfunctions which was diagnosed today as a failure with the alternator. The service department also let me know that there is no ETA on when they will have the replacement alternator, and it could be months. This is MIND BLOWING that they do not have a plan b for consumers as this is obviously a consistent issue. I hope they recall this part and make this right for everyone who has had to deal w/ the first series of Q8s back in 2019.

gonzo
Old 12-20-2022, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gonzo7570
Hi All - this is a very long thread but I do want to add, this weekend we had to have our Q8 towed to the dealership for Electrical Malfunctions which was diagnosed today as a failure with the alternator. The service department also let me know that there is no ETA on when they will have the replacement alternator, and it could be months. This is MIND BLOWING that they do not have a plan b for consumers as this is obviously a consistent issue. I hope they recall this part and make this right for everyone who has had to deal w/ the first series of Q8s back in 2019.

gonzo
The issue is the software, the alternator part is un changed, you'll be getting new alternator the is exactly the same - if you reference some of the above conversation, we nailed the part numbers down.

What I think, and others agree, is that the software causes the alternator failure. There is a brief period where the software issue starts and the alternator isn't damaged, but it seems like in almost every case here, the alternator is damaged and needs to be replaced by the time the car makes it into service.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
The issue is the software, the alternator part is un changed, you'll be getting new alternator the is exactly the same - if you reference some of the above conversation, we nailed the part numbers down.

What I think, and others agree, is that the software causes the alternator failure. There is a brief period where the software issue starts and the alternator isn't damaged, but it seems like in almost every case here, the alternator is damaged and needs to be replaced by the time the car makes it into service.
how were you able to reach Audi corporate. Did you email or call and if so what’s there email or phone?
Old 12-21-2022, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by avned
Here's the number I was given by my Audi SA - (866) 671-2282

I selected the service/warranty option I believe to file my complaint. Used the callback option as the wait time was over an hour. Good luck!
Originally Posted by John freeman
how were you able to reach Audi corporate. Did you email or call and if so what’s there email or phone?
I reposted my post with the number I used above for a successful compensation claim. Good luck

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction