Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did they provide you with a loaner vehicle then?

Did they provide you with a loaner vehicle? We've been quoted 4 to 6 weeks for the fix but they don't have any vehicles to lend us at the moment and that we will have to pay for rental ourselves. Which is ridiculous because we are paying for the monthly payments on the car while it's being fixed in the shop and we are expected to pay for another rental vehicle on our own.
Originally Posted by 4wvhicks
Just got my baby back Q8 2019 Y1 S-line package that was in the shop 2.5 months (51k miles). The engine malfunction shut down everything ( windows, A/C, etc.) and I still am not sure what the issue was. The dealership said the part came from Germany to fix it. Dealer was good about the whole thing but it is concerning. Appreciate all the feedback here. It helps)
Old 12-21-2022, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Position

Originally Posted by Steve Du
Just had my 19 Q8 with 52k experience the same issue on Monday.

Had to wait 24 hours to get it towed to the dealer, while getting my CC stolen with shady Out-of-network towing company because they can't find anyone in network for 24 hours. Not to mention spent almost 6 hours on the phones to sort the towing issue out.

Just called the dealer, was told there are 10 cars in line that has the same issue. No loaner of course.

When asked if they have an estimation, was told they had someone since September and was JUST completed this week. Of course the 48v Generator is on backorder until God knows when.

Now the question is, what can we do if our car is in the shop waiting on parts for more than 1 month, with no loaners available, do we have rights as affected consumers?
We are in the exact same position. No loaners but offered a discounted rate on rentals. Its ridiculous because we are paying monthly for the car and we are expected to pay for our own rental.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by avned
Makes you wonder at what point will they finally make it a recall? Cars that shutdown on the freeway doing 70mph is catastrophic. So are they waiting for a devasting crash to finally make the call? Seems like bad business.
I am sure they have some kind of criteria, and I can see a lot of companies waiting until they absolutely have to, and not making the decision based on any moral code. However, I would hope a luxury brand is slightly less chintzy than say Ford was with that firestone tire recall, or some of the enormous airbag recalls we've seen (Takata & Stellantis) where people are still occasionally dying because owners haven't taken the cars in for the replacement. In the past week I read about a case where the owner was mailed 100+ notices, didn't take the car in, then lent the car to a family member who was killed when the airbag exploded: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/dodge-c...riving-airbags
Old 12-21-2022, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KatChan123
Did they provide you with a loaner vehicle? We've been quoted 4 to 6 weeks for the fix but they don't have any vehicles to lend us at the moment and that we will have to pay for rental ourselves. Which is ridiculous because we are paying for the monthly payments on the car while it's being fixed in the shop and we are expected to pay for another rental vehicle on our own.
I've received loaners everytime I've taken my Audis in for service. This last time I had a Q5 for the 46 days it was in service. In the past, if they were out of loaners they've paid for rental vehicles. I'm not sure why your dealer is so stingy. Hope you can get a manager involved to help out.
Old 12-21-2022, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've received loaners everytime I've taken my Audis in for service. This last time I had a Q5 for the 46 days it was in service. In the past, if they were out of loaners they've paid for rental vehicles. I'm not sure why your dealer is so stingy. Hope you can get a manager involved to help out.
yeah i can see not having loaner for every person in for a regular service, but every time there has been an extended time my car was in, if i didn't have a loaner right away, it'd get one as soon as one came back in within 2 days or so. and they paid for transportation in the mean time. i opted for uber ride codes because i didn't need a car really, but i saved the ride codes for later.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny you mentioned that... it's been a month and I still don't have a loaner. Weekly calls to the dealer regarding the loaner situation, paid/discount rental, even with escalation I was told "It's a courtesy, not a mandatory feature. We don't have anything to give and the cars with the same problem are lining up."

All my calls and email goes to the AoA goes unanswered.

Consider this is one of the two dealers in a major metro area (ATL).

At this point I'm done with Audi.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Funny you mentioned that... it's been a month and I still don't have a loaner. Weekly calls to the dealer regarding the loaner situation, paid/discount rental, even with escalation I was told "It's a courtesy, not a mandatory feature. We don't have anything to give and the cars with the same problem are lining up."

All my calls and email goes to the AoA goes unanswered.

Consider this is one of the two dealers in a major metro area (ATL).

At this point I'm done with Audi.
it is a courtesy? no, it is part of what you pay for when you buy the car - loaners are dealer amenities, and we are paying a premium for that w a luxury brand. they need to be reasonable. if they really have that many cars w the same issue then they need to get more loaners on deck.
The following users liked this post:
ajmilan (12-23-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

At this point the dealer is a dead end. They insist it's a "courtesy" while I keep bringing up the amenity. It's an endless loop of argument.

Of course still haven't heard back from AoA. Contacted them via both email and phone... nothing.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

At this point the dealer is a dead end. They insist it's a "courtesy" while I keep bringing up the amenity. It's an endless loop of argument.

Of course still haven't heard back from AoA. Contacted them via both email and phone... nothing.
They can be a little slow. reply back to ur original email and say just looping back. also they may be looking into it.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
They can be a little slow. reply back to ur original email and say just looping back. also they may be looking into it.
Will keep trying on all fronts (dealer call, email to AoA)

I just hope AoA start being proactive about this increasing concerning issues. I'm so tempted to warn other 19 Audi drivers when I see them on the road about this.

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction