Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 02:34 AM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
Yes i remember @a75 - he is in the Ukraine right? I was surprised he didn't have the bsg because I assumed europe was all one region for Audi, but maybe they segment off some eastern countries for some reason, or non EU countries?
Unfortunately (and in some cases perhaps fortunately, as with a generator), Audi cars are slightly different from those produced for Ukraine, as I have repeatedly seen.
First of all, this is reflected in a number of options that are not available for my country, for example, online services do not work completely and cannot be activated.
And when I emailed the audi general representation in Germany, they answered literally like this: "As per your confirmation, since your country of residence is Ukraine, our support channel is unfortunately not able to handle queries of your sales region. We kindly ask you to contact the customer care department in your country."

Originally Posted by retom
I am sure that a75 will be able to post the scan of other modules but for me data in module 21 explains his 48V system.
Attached Files
Old 03-04-2023, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by campingmanbc
2019 Q8 Prestige 40,000kms in Canada. Driving home tonight from a Mercedes electric car test drive event and my girl threw the Elecronic system malfunction warning. As we were driving my buddy searched this thread and read these horror stories. I said “it’s fine, those are just the worst stories”… 5 mins later the car’s throwing errors all over the place and dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Then the car dies on us in a busy road (very dangerous). Managed to get it started and safely to a friends house. Called roadside and told up to 6 hours for a tow. 2.5 hours later got towed to dealer. Will talk to them in the morning. Moral of the story..1. Don’t test drive Mercedes 2. As soon as you get this warning, pull over somewhere safe and get it towed. I absolutely love my Q8 and hope she comes back to life soon. BTW Audi way better than Mercedes IMHO
Update today. Talked to dealer and was told known issue hence the Alternator warranty extension. They have 4 other Q8s with same problem, plus host of other Audi's that share the same alternator. Part is on back order so "will be a while". I have it scheduled for fuel pump recall replacement in two weeks so they will combine both jobs. No courtesy cars available, but they are providing rental today.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 414 Likes on 351 Posts

Update today. Talked to dealer and was told known issue hence the Alternator warranty extension. They have 4 other Q8s with same problem, plus host of other Audi's that share the same alternator. Part is on back order so "will be a while". I have it scheduled for fuel pump recall replacement in two weeks so they will combine both jobs. No courtesy cars available, but they are providing rental today.
btw, i think i read somewhere the rental is supposed to be an audi, so hopefully that happens.
The following users liked this post:
campingmanbc (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by a75
Unfortunately (and in some cases perhaps fortunately, as with a generator), Audi cars are slightly different from those produced for Ukraine, as I have repeatedly seen.
First of all, this is reflected in a number of options that are not available for my country, for example, online services do not work completely and cannot be activated.
And when I emailed the audi general representation in Germany, they answered literally like this: "As per your confirmation, since your country of residence is Ukraine, our support channel is unfortunately not able to handle queries of your sales region. We kindly ask you to contact the customer care department in your country."
weird that they won’t provide the online services. i wonder what the reason is, but they probably won’t say.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Do you know where that's stated? I'm currently driving a Hyundai Sonata. Sure is a downgrade from my baby.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do you know where that's stated? I'm currently driving a Hyundai Sonata. Sure is a downgrade from my baby.
let me see if I can chase it down...
Old 03-04-2023, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
let me see if I can chase it down...
@campingmanbc Praise God, I found it! Hopefully this helps others as well:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-.../#post25793478
Old 03-04-2023, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you. Not sure I understand "Audi branded loaner". In Canada I was told since they don't have a loaner they would provide a rental up to $40CAD per day. While driving a Hyundai Sonata is severely cramping my style, at least I have a car. I just hope it doesn't take weeks or months to fix.
Old 03-04-2023, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you. Not sure I understand "Audi branded loaner". In Canada I was told since they don't have a loaner they would provide a rental up to $40CAD per day. While driving a Hyundai Sonata is severely cramping my style, at least I have a car. I just hope it doesn't take weeks or months to fix.
Audi branded loaner just means a car made by audi with an audi badge. i.e. any audi. Like it may be an A3 or something, but it would an audi. I think the 30$ is their cost not retail cost.
Old 03-05-2023, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 920 Likes on 641 Posts

Meet the enemy in question:

(I stumbled upon it) - just skip through it. He doesn't tear it apart or anything

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction