Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Du
I just got off the horn with them. Give them a call...
EDIT: News as of yesterday, another firm has filed, and beat this firm to the punch - I am working to see who the firm that filed is and will follow up.
Awesome! I also had a discussion with them. We really need people to submit on the link posted above.

Who they really need to hear from:
  • Individuals living in the united states
  • with expenses related to this repair that have not been fully reimbursed from audi
  • expense examples: unpaid portion of a rental car or any unreimbursed expense, i.e. uber, lyft, mileage or use of another vehicle. Any expense that can be demonstrated in dollars
I was going to go thru the thread and private message some people, but I am hoping this will catch some of you.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 04-29-2023 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a call today from my dealer. They need to replace the starter / generator. This will be the second time this part has been replaced in less than 6 months, in addition to the alternator and fuel pump.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by udayp24
Got a call today from my dealer. They need to replace the starter / generator. This will be the second time this part has been replaced in less than 6 months, in addition to the alternator and fuel pump.
Woah that's concerning... give the lawsuit link above a go... your case is going to be a very strong one.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 917 Likes on 750 Posts

The “repeats” are starting to build up. Hopefully Audi can find a real fix instead of just installing the same old defective items in order to kick the can down the road.

Last edited by KevinGary; 04-22-2023 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

what the actual f? Will I ever drive my Q8 again? Coming up to month 2 without it…
Old 04-21-2023, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

This is really bad news which confirms my findings on German Audi forum. Audi did't solve the problem with BSG and it's replacement doesn't guarantee that the fault will not come back.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@udayp24 If you live in the US, please, use the lawsuit contact link - I can private message you the lawyer's contact details if you are not comfortable using the link, but if you live in the US, I know he will really want to talk to you.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 935 Likes on 649 Posts

Wut the...

Was the replacement a rebuild or a net new BSG? (the first time around)
Old 04-21-2023, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have same error - will jumping get car started

Originally Posted by imdakine1
What year and is it a model (Q8, SQ8, etc...)? Definitely keep us informed on what you learn.
2021 Q8 35k miles.
I just got this error and appreciate all the posts. It’s Friday and have lots of local driving this weekend. If car stops starting, will jump starting get me back home unitl
i can take to dealer on Monday? Thani you.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hanssimon
2021 Q8 35k miles.
I just got this error and appreciate all the posts. It’s Friday and have lots of local driving this weekend. If car stops starting, will jump starting get me back home unitl
i can take to dealer on Monday? Thani you.
If your car has this issue and stops starting, from what I understand, jump starting will not work, you will need to have the car towed. At some point in the near future the circuit board on the bsg will fail and at that point even if the bsg is spinning the electrical system is not getting any power. If your car has the issue now your batteries are likely already low and not getting fully charged because the bsg is in the early stage of the failure.
The following users liked this post:
Hanssimon (04-22-2023)

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction