Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

A few small issues with my 2022 RS Q8

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTT1
I have this issue as well (Second issue is the lower screen where you can replace 2 of the buttons, I’ve tried to change the left button to the heated steering wheel function and it accepts it however when I turn the car off it defaults back to the SYNC button. I have done it 100 times and it never stores it.)

I asked the service department about it a few weeks ago and was told it was a known issue and that a fix would be coming. I am not hopeful that it will be fixed while I still have the vehicle. I have a number of other issues with the MMI and Navigation and they don't seem to have any answers.
That is the identical issue to mine when I program the heating steering wheel and it goes back to SYNC or just a blank button sometimes. I gave up on it and I stopped programming it because it doesn’t save it no matter how many times I try. The good thing is, that it actually remembers that it was ON the last time you drove the car so there’s no need to turn it on every time you start the car, because it stays on automatically (luckily it remembers the setting at the very least).

Are you also loosing your favorites for radio stations?

Yes, there is a fix coming but Audi says Q3 of 2022 which is ridiculous. 6-9 months to fix a substantial software issue is not okay.

Last edited by SlammedR8; 01-22-2022 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Anyone else having any issues with wireless CarPlay disconnecting? Mine occasionally stutters and later disconnects. Hopefully that’s a fix in this update that’s being talked about
Old 01-22-2022, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
Anyone else having any issues with wireless CarPlay disconnecting? Mine occasionally stutters and later disconnects. Hopefully that’s a fix in this update that’s being talked about
Is your iPhone updated to the version 15.2.1? According to Apple this version should fix the problems with not stable CarPlay connection.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pabla
I don’t have this issue (luckily) but these problems are getting ridiculous. A friend of mine picked up at 22 Q7 last week and he just told me that he has the same issues as me, loosing the favorites and such. My mom also picked up a 2022 Q3 about a month ago and she too has the exact same issue. It is beyond crazy to me that Audi expects us all to wait until 3rd quarter to have this fixed. This is affecting so many people and cars
Old 01-22-2022, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Strange, my Urus doesn’t have the issues with favorites or shortcuts or the AC shortcuts (heated steering wheel). Set them few days after delivery and they’re still working. Then again, mine is ‘21, could be ‘22 related issues across both vehicles.

Last edited by UrusUser; 01-22-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
Is your iPhone updated to the version 15.2.1? According to Apple this version should fix the problems with not stable CarPlay connection.
No difference for me with 15.2.1 feel like it got even worse with the update. Oddly enough all the loaner SQ5s I get with wireless CarPlay are pretty rock solid. Both mix of MBI2/3.

Originally Posted by SlammedR8
I don’t have this issue (luckily) but these problems are getting ridiculous. A friend of mine picked up at 22 Q7 last week and he just told me that he has the same issues as me, loosing the favorites and such. My mom also picked up a 2022 Q3 about a month ago and she too has the exact same issue. It is beyond crazy to me that Audi expects us all to wait until 3rd quarter to have this fixed. This is affecting so many people and cars
I know it’s a little upsetting, along with a bit of a lag in the MMI I’m pretty upset that in 2022 companies are still struggling to iron out bugs in infotainment systems. Was hoping that the since this model is 2 years “old” most of the kinks have been ironed out but that doesn’t seem like the case.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:27 AM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by UrusUser
Strange, my Urus doesn’t have the issues with favorites or shortcuts or the AC shortcuts (heated steering wheel). Set them few days after delivery and they’re still working. Then again, mine is ‘21, could be ‘22 related issues across both vehicles.
In Lamborghini, there are other software developers, different software, even despite the same platform. It makes no sense to look for the same bugs there. Just as it makes no sense to look for the same bugs in VW, Skoda ...
These are just bugs in the audi MIB3.
The following users liked this post:
markusla (01-23-2022)
Old 01-23-2022, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

That is the identical issue to mine when I program the heating steering wheel and it goes back to SYNC or just a blank button sometimes. I gave up on it and I stopped programming it because it doesn’t save it no matter how many times I try. The good thing is, that it actually remembers that it was ON the last time you drove the car so there’s no need to turn it on every time you start the car, because it stays on automatically (luckily it remembers the setting at the very least).

Are you also loosing your favorites for radio stations?

Yes, there is a fix coming but Audi says Q3 of 2022 which is ridiculous. 6-9 months to fix a substantial software issue is not okay.

i tried my luck last Friday and asked restored the software, basically they just re-uploaded the same version of software to my RSQ but still same issue. guess all of us have to wait for new software in Q3
Old 01-23-2022, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jzhu625
i tried my luck last Friday and asked restored the software, basically they just re-uploaded the same version of software to my RSQ but still same issue. guess all of us have to wait for new software in Q3
You know, I can understand issues even though you would think as @Pabla mentioned above that after 2 years, you would think they would have worked these issues out, although from my understanding these are new issues from the new software in 2022 models. But what I can’t understand is HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS GOING TO TAKE 6-9 MONTHS FOR ONE OF THE BIGGEST AUTOMOTIVE GROUPS IN THE WORLD TO FIGURE OUT! My mind is literally blown by that, and that alone.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

You know, I can understand issues even though you would think as @Pabla mentioned above that after 2 years, you would think they would have worked these issues out, although from my understanding these are new issues from the new software in 2022 models. But what I can’t understand is HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS GOING TO TAKE 6-9 MONTHS FOR ONE OF THE BIGGEST AUTOMOTIVE GROUPS IN THE WORLD TO FIGURE OUT! My mind is literally blown by that, and that alone.
Do you work in software? If you did, I doubt you’d be shocked. There’s a limited amount of software engineers and I’m sure they’re split between fixing bugs and working on whatever next gen thing product management has cooked up to sell the grand sphere. I’m not saying it’s right (it’s totally not), but it’s not uncommon for software bugs to exist for yeaaaaaars or just be marked will not fix.

If you really want to mitigate your frustration, you should really lower your expectations. Cars will continue to try and differentiate themselves with software but are probably decades behind in funding the resources needed to actually produce functional, reliable software.
The following users liked this post:
a75 (01-24-2022)

Quick Reply: A few small issues with my 2022 RS Q8