Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

future owner of RSQ8 with questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default future owner of RSQ8 with questions

hello everyone,

Today I went to test drive a 2022 RSQ8 with 11k miles, I noticed that when I started driving, in the parking lot at low speed, I felt like some kind of noise, I don't know how to describe it, it sounded like when the tires make a grinding noise or could it be like a pitch noise quiet, it was not very loud but I could hear it, I don't know if it was from the engine or if it was the Pirelli tires, when I started driving on the normal street and at a higher speed I didn't hear it anymore, I'm thinking about going back and driving the truck again before signing I remember last year that I drove one, I didn't feel or hear that, but the parking was very rough when I started driving, sorry for the dumb questions, I just wanted to know if there is something that maybe don't know...I have never had an Audi and my Range Rover compared to the one I drive today is too quiet and handles like butter

Another thing I noticed was when the S.A wanted to start the car, it didn't start the first time, that seemed a little strange to me...

I would like your opinion on what things to look for, thank you.
Old 07-02-2024, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 183 Likes on 147 Posts

Given it didn’t start right away, do you think the vehicle had been sitting around undriven? If so, were the rotors rusty as well? Perhaps simple issues?
Old 07-03-2024, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I have noticed that when I don't drive my RS Q8 for more than 5 - 7 days due to travel, when I come back and try to start it, sometimes you have to press extra hard on the brake before it will start. The brake pedal becomes very firm and the brake interlock for the starter does not disengage. The steel rotors get rusty in like 2 days in humid weather, so that could be the other noise, but difficult to say for sure.
Old 07-05-2024, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCL
I have noticed that when I don't drive my RS Q8 for more than 5 - 7 days due to travel, when I come back and try to start it, sometimes you have to press extra hard on the brake before it will start. The brake pedal becomes very firm and the brake interlock for the starter does not disengage. The steel rotors get rusty in like 2 days in humid weather, so that could be the other noise, but difficult to say for sure.
Thank you, Makes sense about starter, went for a second test drive, everything is good, its been super hot here lately but that noise, don't even know what it is, because I haven't had a good amount of time with the car.. but If I move fwd I'll just have Audi to look at it, SA was saying Quattro awd noise but I don't think so