Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Got A 2020 BMW X5 M50i (Cancelled my SQ8 Order)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Got A 2020 BMW X5 M50i (Cancelled my SQ8 Order)

Got tired of waiting and was offered a great deal on a BMW X5 M50i that I couldn't pass up. In fact, my lease payments are over $400 less than what would have been my SQ8 payments with $1000 less down (I got 10% off of MSRP and $2k in BMW incentives). Trying to get discounts on that Audi was like pulling teeth; negotiating with BMW was a lot, lot easier and way more pleasant. It was pretty much fully loaded and of the color and options that I wanted, and it doesn't have the third row, which is something I did not want. The only thing it doesn't have (that I wanted) is acoustic glass, but it's quieter than my S7 (which has acoustic glass).

This thing is an absolute beast. It's faster than my S7, way more comfortable with a ton more room. The technology is great and the Harman Kardon stereo is eons better than the Bose. The only thing I don't like is the instrument cluster. It's just weird and not nearly as configurable as Audi's virtual dashboard. In fact, there's really not much you can change with it at all. It has wireless Apple carplay and it can park itself, which is kind of neat (if unnerving). In any case, as much as I wanted that SQ8, I really got fed up waiting and very happy with my purchase. This thing is just a flat-out ultra fast, comfortable super cruiser, that will surprise a lot of people at stop lights .

Maybe in three years I'll be back with another Audi, although I'll probably step up to an RS or full blown M, whatever it may be...

The following 2 users liked this post by Frenetic:
audi40 (06-04-2020), BreedsAs (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Congratulations and that's is a beautiful purchase.
I feel you on no wanting to wait out Audi and the SQ8. I also know that BMW will have better deals available on your X5 since it has been out longer. I am sure S/RSQ8 deals will start next summer.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Don’t blame you.. I just put a deposit down on a ‘21 sq8 and I’m told January delivery. Better be one hell of a SUV when it comes if it’s taking them THAT long to build (mostly due to COVID)
Old 12-19-2020, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenetic
Got tired of waiting and was offered a great deal on a BMW X5 M50i that I couldn't pass up. In fact, my lease payments are over $400 less than what would have been my SQ8 payments with $1000 less down (I got 10% off of MSRP and $2k in BMW incentives). Trying to get discounts on that Audi was like pulling teeth; negotiating with BMW was a lot, lot easier and way more pleasant. It was pretty much fully loaded and of the color and options that I wanted, and it doesn't have the third row, which is something I did not want. The only thing it doesn't have (that I wanted) is acoustic glass, but it's quieter than my S7 (which has acoustic glass).

This thing is an absolute beast. It's faster than my S7, way more comfortable with a ton more room. The technology is great and the Harman Kardon stereo is eons better than the Bose. The only thing I don't like is the instrument cluster. It's just weird and not nearly as configurable as Audi's virtual dashboard. In fact, there's really not much you can change with it at all. It has wireless Apple carplay and it can park itself, which is kind of neat (if unnerving). In any case, as much as I wanted that SQ8, I really got fed up waiting and very happy with my purchase. This thing is just a flat-out ultra fast, comfortable super cruiser, that will surprise a lot of people at stop lights .

Maybe in three years I'll be back with another Audi, although I'll probably step up to an RS or full blown M, whatever it may be...

Congrats! have you towed with your the BMW?