Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Integrated Engineering Tune initial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Integrated Engineering Tune initial impressions

Just got a new-to-me 2020 SQ8 last week. Couldn't resist the opportunity to play with this platform (Urus/Q8/Cayenne/Bentey) at a very reasonable cost of entry. My 2020 has 70k miles on it so it is out of warranty (has never mattered to me) and there's no reason not to tweak it. I read through the options of Eurotuners, APR, IE, Cobb and decided that the IE was the only one that offered so many tuning options (91/93/100/104/E85/E40) with an easy BT dongle running right off the iphone, along with datalogging and live gauges. Dongle arrived quickly and was easy to activate and flash (20 min roughly). I went with 93 to start bc that's whats available in Houston (Shell 93 specifically).

After the flash no error codes, no warning lights. Went for a quick spin and the car felt roughly the same in terms of throttle response, but nudge it a bit harder and WHOAH!! Goosed the pedal at about 30 mph and the front end reared up and all 4 tires are spinning and the the SQ8s is drifting sideways. 93 tune is supposed to yield almost 700 hp and it feels like that is posssible. It is much faster than before. No quirks or loss of any drivability, no knocking, pinging, surging. Just more power. I highly recommend this. My 997 turbo is tuned to 600whp, 992 turbo S tuned to 730whp. The way this SUV pulls now is almost ridiculous considering the size and weight.

Old 11-06-2023, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh man....im watching this post closely. I'm out of warranty in about 4 months.......

keep us posted on thoughts after a few weeks!!!
Old 11-07-2023, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I would like to hear more on your impressions of the IE tune as well.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have almost 200 miles on the tune now. No errors still, no codes on the OBDeleven. The power surge is so strong that the throttle response feels more sluggish than stock - I think its bc the boost hits so much harder than before. I can actually see why people use a Sprint booster now. I'm definitely doing downpipes whenever IE codes for that. More linear throttle response and less lag is what I would like to optimize, I may have to drive in manual mode holding lower gears to circumvent this. This is the least expensive tune and most feature packed that I have ever acquired and highly recommend it
Old 11-08-2023, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

i wonder if i could smooth it out with my pedalbox? i linear power delivery would be ideal, i dont want an "on/off" switch when boost hits that is difficult to modulate....especially on corner exits (in the snow or the rain)
Old 11-08-2023, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ecloumd
I have almost 200 miles on the tune now. No errors still, no codes on the OBDeleven. The power surge is so strong that the throttle response feels more sluggish than stock - I think its bc the boost hits so much harder than before. I can actually see why people use a Sprint booster now. I'm definitely doing downpipes whenever IE codes for that. More linear throttle response and less lag is what I would like to optimize, I may have to drive in manual mode holding lower gears to circumvent this. This is the least expensive tune and most feature packed that I have ever acquired and highly recommend it
It is even sluggish in Dynamic Sport mode? I would have thought that mode would improve it some but with the increased boost and torque I can see it making it feel that way.
I thought the IE tune is supposed to improve throttle response, you may want to reach out to them and ask.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pete_SQ8
It is even sluggish in Dynamic Sport mode? I would have thought that mode would improve it some but with the increased boost and torque I can see it making it feel that way.
I thought the IE tune is supposed to improve throttle response, you may want to reach out to them and ask.
I only drive in Dynamic Sport lol. I may try using manual shifting to keep the engine higher in the RPM range to stay on the boil
Old 11-13-2023, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

So I did some real miles on the tune this weekend - round trip Houston > Dallas > Houston. Moderate traffic so I was trying to slingshot the car through traffic gaps. Sometimes the car would kickdown a couple gears and be in the sweet spot of the torque mountain and just accelerate ridiculously fast, sometimes it seemed to lag and bog. All in sport mode with transmission in auto. Car loves to eat miles and has phenomenal grip in dry or wet and almost no lean in corners (I don't even have sport suspension with electronic sways). It's really like an executive jet, happily cruising at triple digits if desired.
Old 11-14-2023, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

you aint kiidding....i look down more often than not and im surprised to see triple digits. its effortless. the SQ8 is really a high way monster.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any updates on the tune? Still happy with it? Have you had a chance to really get on it and stay into it?

Quick Reply: Integrated Engineering Tune initial impressions