Intro/Auto start - major throttle lag issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lungs414
I truly mean no disrespec

t or insult to you, but.....
Do you ever get tired of repeating the same lines about how much you dislike the Q8. I for one are tired of reading about it. When you are not bashing the vehicle you are stating how much of a hit it will take for current owners. Me personally who did actually did buy one is tired of hearing about it. You absolutely have a right to your opinion, but as an owner it is not appreciated. It seems to be "your" thread.
Good luck with your choice vehicle.
That was overdue!! Thanks. Concur.
The following 2 users liked this post by BigHat:
LeicaNut (08-18-2019), SoundsoftheSuburbs (08-19-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I quite concur. Time to stop bashing unless you have something new and constructive to say.

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread. I have recently ordered a 2020 Q8, and have the concern coming out of 4 BMW's in a row that I have loved. But I have driven a Q8 at least 4 times and also an A8 and A7. Have not experienced a throttle lag as aggregated as JS describes. Also have good friend that has owned one since March and he does not have any issue with his car.
The following users liked this post:
SoundsoftheSuburbs (08-19-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As a prospective owner with a car on order, that post did worry me. I'm coming from an FPace which I leased the year it came out, and I have dealt with quite a few issues with that car (although I will definitely miss the handling and performance relative to the Q8). I was really hoping the fit, finish, and reliability the Q8 would be exceptional, as it was in my prior A5 and A6.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I’ll be more sensitive and apologize to any owners I may have upset.

Last edited by Jsf721; 08-18-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jmike52
BTW, there is a difference when you select Dynamic as a Drive mode. Even without shifting into S Drive, I notice a stronger acceleration pattern. Not sure exactly how it works, but if you select Auto Drive mode, it supposedly can auto shift to Dynamic under certain operating conditions. YMMV.
Great post! I checked my Drive Select settings and I noticed my drive program was set to Balanced. I changed it to Sport. I use the settings found in the Individual program. This has made a difference already in the limited time I’ve tested it. The car seems more responsive around 2-3k rpms now (where it’s been laggy in the past), the rpms are jumping to 3k+ faster. It feels like the transmission is downshifting quicker with a light touch on the pedal.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsf721
Well, May I suggest Mr. Lungs that you Don’t read my posts ? Don’t worry. I don’t get tired. I’m on the tread mill having Siri type my posts most of the tine. Blame her for the typos.

Ever consider I’m here because I’d like to buy one of Audi Q8’s myself if AoA ever straightens this out ? I am not looking to make you feel bad. I trying to rally or Rallye existing owners into action which I hope will lead Audi toward fixing this problem.

Ive written many posts praising the good looks and features of the car. But to me the throttle lag is a major deal breaker. Is annoying but more importantly dangerous.

I know misery loves company but if I see a potential buyer here, I’m giving them the good , bad and the ugly.

I have unsubscribed from further comments.

Take the anger you have for me and re direct that to Audi and press them to fix it.

Sorry if I offended you it’s not my intent. I’m not looking to make enemies on the internet least out of a fellow enthusiast. I respectfully suggest you do some more research before buying your next car. I’d be upset if if pulled the trigger on this before discovering the throttle lag. Since then many more issues have collected.

Just wait until you guys need new tires. These puppies ain’t cheap. But I knew that and the cost of brakes going into it.

I hope it’s fixed. Some recent posts give me some hope. I’ll test drive the Q8 before my next car lease is up next June and hope a lot of these concerns are no longer causing issues. I don’t wish these problems on anyone.

have a good weekend !
Maybe while on the treadmill you missed the first 9 words of my post. With all due respect please re-read. Grammar was never my favorite subject in school, andI never commented on it. But as I said as an owner for me personally its a little tired. Once again wasn't meant to insult you. I don't know why you got so defensive. Just as you have every right to have your opinion so do I. The effect of your posts affects others as well. Not just prospective buyers.

Last edited by lungs414; 08-17-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: edit
The following users liked this post:
SoundsoftheSuburbs (08-19-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I’ll be sending you a PM. I don’t want you to unsubscribe from this thread. Your and owner and it’s important you have the info. I won’t post anything other than question if I see a fix anymore but I will monitor.

I never ment meant to displace you.

Please accept my apology.

i
Originally Posted by lungs414
Maybe while on the treadmill you missed the first 9 words of my post. With all due respect please re-read. Grammar was never my favorite subject in school, andI never commented on it. But as I said as an owner for me personally its a little tired. Once again wasn't meant to insult you. I don't know why you got so defensive. Just as you have every right to have your opinion so do I. The effect of your posts affects others as well. Not just prospective buyers.

Last edited by Jsf721; 08-18-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my Q8 in service - also for a windshield replacement - and was given a 2019 A6. No lag. The drive train was much more enjoyable to use than my Q8's. For now, I disengage the s/s function, but that's an embarrassing work-around.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:35 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ems4ohio
I had my Q8 in service - also for a windshield replacement - and was given a 2019 A6. No lag. The drive train was much more enjoyable to use than my Q8's. For now, I disengage the s/s function, but that's an embarrassing work-around.
Doesn't the A6 use a 7 speed dual clutch transmission vs the 8 speed auto of the Q8?
Old 08-19-2019, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Viewing gear selection during slow down

In another Q8 forum, someone was able to add the current gear selection to the center of the RPM display. I was wondering if anyone who has done that hack could describe what gear in car is in as it approaches zero as that seem to be when the lag happens.

Quick Reply: Intro/Auto start - major throttle lag issue