Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Intro/Auto start - major throttle lag issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My apologies for the assumption. I'm just going by experience on another forum. Glad no one was injured. You may want to file a complaint with your dealer and Audi corporate. I hope this problem is corrected soon.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LindaSDeyarmond
Wow! I JUST had this happen to me today when I was pulling up behind a car to park. I decided to pull up a bit more, there was a lag, the car lurched forward and I rammed into the back end of the car ahead of me that was parked. Scared the hell out of me and my passengers and damaged both cars. This isn’t the first time I have experienced this throttle lag, and it has bothered me in the past, but now I’ve got two vehicles to fix over it. I believe it could be super dangerous when turning left (us driving) at an intersection, or hitting the gas to avoid some sort of other collision. Would love some input on how to fix this........
Cute story. First post.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (09-05-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Q8

Originally Posted by Kwsmith3681
I have exactly same issue with my q8. Only just started with lag throttle....I'm at about 3k miles. Happens mainly at a roundabout...slowing down butvready to pull away and theres nothing. Like young.say scary when a cars coming towards you.... I do not use automatic start stop so dont think its connected to that. Like you say seems to be an ecu issue. Taking mine to dealer this week. Will.submit this forum too. Hopefully it can be fixed. Agree with another user that having it in sport mode helps
karen
Oh, what do you know! Another first post...
Old 09-05-2019, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Most people come here to look for solutions to problems. Its really not right for you to try to shame people and take away credibility just because its their first post.

You realize there is a problem, enough people have experience it and it can be nerve wracking. It kept me from buying a Q8. I am a car guy and it stood out right away.

Others may have been so taken by the tech and thrill that they missed it and now are coming here to see if they are alone. Lucky them, for a newly discovered issue and then they get a shot from you.

Ever think we are all in this together? Owners and perspective owners (like me)

Honestly I wish I could stop getting these email alerts, so I could forget about this thread. If anyone can tell me how to do that I will be glad to exit this thread, and I'll check back myself from time to time to see if this was fixed.

I am upset with Audi of America, Audi Customer care for their slow to admit and even slower to fix attitude It makes me want to stay away from the brand

I'm on several forums for makes I own or had seriously looked to own. I have never seen such a bunch of people united by a common problem get along any worse.

Originally Posted by SoundsoftheSuburbs
Oh, what do you know! Another first post...

Last edited by Jsf721; 09-05-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsf721
Most people come here to look for solutions to problems. Its really not right for you to try to shame people and take away credibility just because its their first post.

You realize there is a problem, enough people have experience it and it can be nerve wracking. It kept me from buying a Q8. I am a car guy and it stood out right away.

Others may have been so taken by the tech and thrill that they missed it and now are coming here to see if they are alone. Lucky them, for a newly discovered issue and then they get a shot from you.

Ever think we are all in this together? Owners and perspective owners (like me)

Honestly I wish I could stop getting these email alerts, so I could forget about this thread. If anyone can tell me how to do that I will be glad to exit this thread, and I'll check back myself from time to time to see if this was fixed.

I am upset with Audi of America, Audi Customer care for their slow to admit and even slower to fix attitude It makes me want to stay away from the brand

I'm on several forums for makes I own or had seriously looked to own. I have never seen such a bunch of people united by a common problem get along any worse.

There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, may want to try that out.

2k Miles now on our Q8 and we have yet to see this problem, tried to induce it like some suggested but it did not happen. Sure there is the normal turbo lag at low rpm but nothing like the lag described. Hope it stays this way, fingers crossed.
The following 2 users liked this post by AndyBBB:
OldSchool24 (09-05-2019), SoundsoftheSuburbs (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I successfully (hopefully) deleted email notification to all the threads on this forum.

Guys I tried to help spearhead a movement to get Audi's attention to Fix this issue.

In that process I ruffled some feathers and I ended up making some enemies here and for that I am sorry. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my brutal honesty and desire to warn other would be buyers.

It was never my intention to slam the Q8 or its owners. Just motivate others to report the issue so it could be fixed and I could buy one.

Since then other larger issues like Audi's attitude toward its customers, their disregard for what we say and total reliance on the dealer service people who have no strength to pursue the mountain of paperwork required to report a problem. and the growing list of Q8 bugs and miss-ques have me stepping off the Audi forum for a while.

Best of Luck and I hope you get a fix !

It will be 7 more months before I consider another car or SUV. I will peek back intermittently to see if this is resolved, but its left a bad taste for the brand with me. Audi-if you monitor these boards PM me. I give you the details if you care.

Last edited by Jsf721; 09-05-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am truly happy for you and I hope you continue to enjoy the Q8 for all your miles !

When did you take delivery? Perhaps there was a rolling fix? What's your average MPG and what's your city/Highway mix? (if you don't mind)

I believe a fix would impact MPG is why I asked.

Originally Posted by AndyBBB
There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, may want to try that out.

2k Miles now on our Q8 and we have yet to see this problem, tried to induce it like some suggested but it did not happen. Sure there is the normal turbo lag at low rpm but nothing like the lag described. Hope it stays this way, fingers crossed.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am truly happy for you and I hope you continue to enjoy the Q8 for all your miles !

When did you take delivery? Perhaps there was a rolling fix? What's your average MPG and what's your city/Highway mix? (if you don't mind)

I believe a fix would impact MPG is why I asked.
Took delivery a month ago but its a Dec18 build date on the car. Think we are getting about 16-17mpg but that's during break-in and AC is on all the time just now in sunny AZ.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Q8

Most people come here to look for solutions to problems. Its really not right for you to try to shame people and take away credibility just because its their first post.,
@LindaSDeyarmond and@Kwsmith3681 are obvious trolls. These are their first posts. Both quote the OP and proceed to tell unbelievable and sensational stories.

I don't know why you think anyone at Audi would listen to you either. If you talk to them like you post on here, they're going to dismiss you as a crank.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SoundsoftheSuburbs
@LindaSDeyarmond and@Kwsmith3681 are obvious trolls. These are their first posts. Both quote the OP and proceed to tell unbelievable and sensational stories.

I don't know why you think anyone at Audi would listen to you either. If you talk to them like you post on here, they're going to dismiss you as a crank.
You may be right on the troll thing, time will tell. I think it is even more strange that this thread was the one and only post the OP ever made and they never came back with an update.
The following users liked this post:
SoundsoftheSuburbs (09-05-2019)

Quick Reply: Intro/Auto start - major throttle lag issue