Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Intro/Auto start - major throttle lag issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can attest to the fact that the problem is correctable with the firmware/software update. Had my Q8 into the dealer several months ago when Audi first came out with the update and the problem is definitely fixed. Actually seems a little quicker off the line now than before likely due to the shifting.

With the constant pressure coming from owners, we made a difference!
Old 08-07-2020, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default there's a fix - 37M6 UPDATE

i too have experienced this hesitation at the most inopportune times - very scary. after the last close call, i decided to take it in. the "37M6 UPDATE" was put on my '20 q. according to the service writer, that sw update is applied to both the engine and transmission control modules. the ticket reads as follows:
UPDATE 37M6 CORRECTED THE FAULT. DURING THE START/STOP PHASE PRE-37M6 UPDATE, VEHICLE ACCELERATION WAS NOT OPERATING AS INTENDED AND THE UPDATE HARMONIZES THE ACCELERATION BEHAVIOR BY OPTIMIZING THE SHIFT PATTERN OF THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.
while there, they also performed a sw update to the mmi but this had nothing to do with the driveability issue. i'm hoping for the best based on the comments in this blog but it didn't feel like a shift problem to me. if anything, it was more like a stall, especially when attempting to accelerate from a very low speed or coast.
beyond that, the vehicle drives differently now and i suspect that's due to a reset on the ecm/tcm after applying the update. so it will now have to relearn my driving behavior.

(1st post)
Old 09-17-2020, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Long thread, but ultimately ended up skipping to towards the end. Sounds like there is an update to potentially fix this issue. The problem had been nagging me since we got the car last year. Its due for service soon so I will be making sure the update is applied. Hope that fixes it!
Old 09-18-2020, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RTW S4
Long thread, but ultimately ended up skipping to towards the end. Sounds like there is an update to potentially fix this issue. The problem had been nagging me since we got the car last year. Its due for service soon so I will be making sure the update is applied. Hope that fixes it!
I had the ECC update during my last service and while it didn't completely fix it,the car is much more responsive now and the lag less perceptible.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:39 AM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

The update has made my Q8's auto start/stop functioning near flawless.
The following 2 users liked this post by SoundsoftheSuburbs:
BigBoy11 (09-18-2020), jrjunior31 (09-24-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the update done yesterday. I had adapted my driving so the lag hasn’t been a huge issue. Now that the update has been done. I noticed a big difference in throttle response after auto start/stop in every situation. I’m so glad its fixed. What a huge mistake, now corrected?
Old 10-21-2020, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crossing my fingers

Heading into the dealership today with this complaint again. Decided to check this forum to see if there were any updates and it looks like you guys have come through with the answer! I will be specifically requesting this update. I just hope it applies to the 19 model year as well.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jnoel
Heading into the dealership today with this complaint again.
. I just hope it applies to the 19 model year as well.
Of course it applies to the 2019 cars. You shouldn't have to ask for anything. They will likely tell you they have to execute two maintainance. bulletins. This and one for the MMI.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, it does. Improves the lag, but I normally drive in Sport mode anyway. Would be nice if I could make that the default instead of having to pull twice on the stalk to get there.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigHat
Of course it applies to the 2019 cars. You shouldn't have to ask for anything. They will likely tell you they have to execute two maintainance. bulletins. This and one for the MMI.
They looked at me like I had three heads when I explained the issue. I had to pull up this forum and show them exactly what updates I wanted them to apply. Oh - but they did mention the MMI update.

Looking forward to picking it up later today.

Quick Reply: Intro/Auto start - major throttle lag issue