Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Link vehicle in myAudi app?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Link vehicle in myAudi app?

This warning popped up a few weeks ago and I can't find a way to clear it. I'm signed in everywhere, key user active, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2021, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

The app for my SQ8 and my wife’s e-tron show the same message in the app. We are both logged in and all works but I have found no way to clear it. I would like to know how to clear it as well.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Log out of the car, log out of the App, reset the MMI, log back in to both
Old 12-08-2021, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Log out of the car, log out of the App, reset the MMI, log back in to both
lol just want to share I tried this prior to seeing this message and of course now I cant log back in on the MMI. I dealt with this issue when first trying to set it up and got lucky one night logging in.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by awpsome
lol just want to share I tried this prior to seeing this message and of course now I cant log back in on the MMI. I dealt with this issue when first trying to set it up and got lucky one night logging in.
then either the Profile section of your app is missing some information (birthday, phone #), or, the dealer didn't properly setup your Audi Connect trial.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

then either the Profile section of your app is missing some information (birthday, phone #), or, the dealer didn't properly setup your Audi Connect trial.
Just double checked and profile section of the MyAudi app is completely filled out. (birthday/phone#/address/etc)

To make it even more interesting, my MMI has NO key user linked to it anymore. Yet i still see my Q8 on the MyAudi app linked with my user as the Key User and still get updates that the vehicle is locked/have the ability to remotely lock/unlock. So for the past month or so, I've just been using a local user for the Q8 and have no issues.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by awpsome
Just double checked and profile section of the MyAudi app is completely filled out. (birthday/phone#/address/etc)

To make it even more interesting, my MMI has NO key user linked to it anymore. Yet i still see my Q8 on the MyAudi app linked with my user as the Key User and still get updates that the vehicle is locked/have the ability to remotely lock/unlock. So for the past month or so, I've just been using a local user for the Q8 and have no issues.
Gotcha, well 2 other possibilities. There was just a software update done for 22 Q7s to address exactly what you're describing. I'm not on the service side, but your dealer can run the VIN and check for you. I had to do it for a new Q7 client last week (got their car recently, and the update was released 2 hours after they took delivery). I would guess it's applicable to the Q8 too (and maybe others, idk).

Or, reach out to your salesperson, and have them open a support ticket for your VIN. The dealer-facing connect team can enable things on their end as well
Old 12-08-2021, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gotcha, well 2 other possibilities. There was just a software update done for 22 Q7s to address exactly what you're describing. I'm not on the service side, but your dealer can run the VIN and check for you. I had to do it for a new Q7 client last week (got their car recently, and the update was released 2 hours after they took delivery). I would guess it's applicable to the Q8 too (and maybe others, idk).

Or, reach out to your salesperson, and have them open a support ticket for your VIN. The dealer-facing connect team can enable things on their end as well
Sounds good! Sounds like you work at Audi? I'll probably ask about any updates whenever I take my car into the dealership. Since it's technically functioning as expected (minus having a Key user actually logged in) I think I'll leave it as is. As much as I want to love the MyAudi app, it seems the only advantage of it is the remote lock/unlock and ability to check that my car is in fact locked even if I am not standing next to it.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Thanks and I was guessing this is a feature mismatch between the app and MMI software. I'm going to flag and request this with my 10k service coming up. I'm hesitant to mess with signing out of the MMI and re-entering my key user info, it's just potential pain I don't want to deal with just to unlock some app "features" I probably won't use.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

As I am awaiting my 22 RSQ8 to be delivered...

What can you do in this app? Can you lock/unlock the car? What else?

Quick Reply: Link vehicle in myAudi app?