Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Link vehicle in myAudi app?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by SlammedR8
As I am awaiting my 22 RSQ8 to be delivered...

What can you do in this app? Can you lock/unlock the car? What else?
https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/myaudi/apps.html

Old 12-09-2021, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by methodtim
This warning popped up a few weeks ago and I can't find a way to clear it. I'm signed in everywhere, key user active, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I've got the same message (2021 A5SB, purchased 9 1/2 months ago). I'm also signed in on the myAudi app, the myAudi website and my car. The app and my car MMI both show me signed in as the Key User.

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
then either the Profile section of your app is missing some information (birthday, phone #), or, the dealer didn't properly setup your Audi Connect trial.
I don't recall a "trial" service of anything other than SiriusXM. My myAudi account under the Audi Connect section says that I've got Connect Care.

1. What was supposed to be included in the Audi Connect trial other than that? (My A5 is a premium plus, no nav. I can can lock/unlock my car and locate my car, check fuel level and windows/doors/lights, with the myAudi app successfully. Looks like all of my info in the Profile section is complete.) Was there something else included in this Connect trial that I never even heard about?
2. Maybe the same thing as 1, but what does the app think I'm missing out on? "The Audi connect infotainment services are not yet connected to the vehicle" makes it sound like the car should be able to do something that I can't do now.

Thanks

Last edited by 2DaLab; 12-09-2021 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by 2DaLab
I've got the same message (2021 A5SB, purchased 9 1/2 months ago). I'm also signed in on the myAudi app, the myAudi website and my car. The app and my car MMI both show me signed in as the Key User.

I don't recall a "trial" service of anything other than SiriusXM. My myAudi account under the Audi Connect section says that I've got Connect Care.

1. What was supposed to be included in the Audi Connect trial other than that? (My A5 is a premium plus, no nav. I can can lock/unlock my car and locate my car, check fuel level and windows/doors/lights, with the myAudi app successfully. Looks like all of my info in the Profile section is complete.) Was there something else included in this Connect trial that I never even heard about?
2. Maybe the same thing as 1, but what does the app think I'm missing out on? "The Audi connect infotainment services are not yet connected to the vehicle" makes it sound like the car should be able to do something that I can't do now.

Thanks
Audi Connect is a six-month trial, afterward, you can renew at various levels of functionality for $$$.

https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/in...i-connect.html

Depending on your model, PRIME includes the following features:
• Infotainment on the go.
• Google Earth
• Online Traffic & Traffic Light Info
• Basic Wi-Fi
• Parking, Fuel Prices
• Streaming Services such as Online Radio, Amazon Music and Hybrid Radio
Old 12-10-2021, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the same issue on my 2021 Q5e. Build date of 12-20. Since everything works, i will simply ignore the message asAudi seems to have bigger issues to fix.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi account not setup properly

Originally Posted by methodtim
This warning popped up a few weeks ago and I can't find a way to clear it. I'm signed in everywhere, key user active, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Had same issue. Eventually decided to uninstall app and reinstall. After that could not login to app. (Server error: invalid reply). Could login to audiusa my audi site and audi connect site though.

Called Audi Connect customer service and he explained there are 3 audi logins and one of mine was not fully setup. He set it up for me. I was able to login to the myaudi app and the link vehicle message no longer shows.
The following users liked this post:
Traveler21 (05-20-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I have had this message popping up the last few months. My Audi Connect paid subscription lapsed awhile ago, but I still used to be able to check fuel level and lock/unlock the vehicle from the app. Is there some place in the MMI you are supposed to enter your email and password again, or do I have to call customer service?