Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Missing leather door trim piece with luxury package

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dolmstead
can you let me know how much that costs please? I am currently getting an estimate from E3 upholstery on them putting leather on the upper door trims for me guess I'll see whats cheaper.
Just got back from local upholstery shop that does work on high end cars. Owner said he can do it in one day and leather and stitching will match perfectly. Was hard to quote an exact price since removing the sill piece can be difficult. Apparently Audi used plastic pins and then melts the end after attaching to the door frame. This explains why to get a replacement we have to order the whole door card. He said it would be no more than $500 to do the 2 from doors and could be less. Better than the $1800 for parts and $500 to swap them out! Only negative he does not have a free day until November!! Upholstery business must be good.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont know where you live at but E3 upholstery in south florida is going to do mine. I have to stop by there this weekend so he can check out the door but they can source the oem leather they said from Hyde's leather. I think I am just going to do the 2 front doors since that is what bugs me. The rear doors also have that sunshades in them so I am sure that would be pretty hard to do aftermarket. Anyways I'll let you know what they are going to charge me.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont know where you live at but E3 upholstery in south florida is going to do mine. I have to stop by there this weekend so he can check out the door but they can source the oem leather they said from Hyde's leather. I think I am just going to do the 2 front doors since that is what bugs me. The rear doors also have that sunshades in them so I am sure that would be pretty hard to do aftermarket. Anyways I'll let you know what they are going to charge me.
We are on the same page...see no need to do rears. Anxious to hear what E3 says about removing the piece. This was the only concern my guy had in doing the work. I am in SC just north of Hilton Head. Please keep me/us informed of your progress.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ya me too was pretty pissed off don't want to have to order another car just to get that, also you see the lux package has the air ionizer/fragrance now too and there are more SLine options/black optics options. Do you know when pricing for the new options will be out and when you can place an order?
Dealers can order 2020's now. The two I spoke to have allocation slots already with delivery dates in late Oct that can still be modified. No actual pricing yet, should be in a couple weeks.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Are you guys pulling off the door panels yourselves and dropping them off to get wrapped? If so can you take some pics of anything that you come across that may be unusual or good to know while removing. Thanks
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm having a local place in South Florida E3 Upholstery\Customs wrap mine in leather. Going there Sat. morning for him to look at the doors and give me an estimate. So I'll let everyone know what they will charge if anyone else is interested in getting it done in the area.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Getting all 4 doors top trim done by e3 for $1800 since he has to order a full hide from hyde's leather to do it you might as well get all 4 done if your going to do it. I have the black valcona btw.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:20 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Getting all 4 doors top trim done by e3 for $1800 since he has to order a full hide from hyde's leather to do it you might as well get all 4 done if your going to do it. I have the black valcona btw.
Will it have stitching to match the dash and oem door?
Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes and black audi valcona leather from Hyde's. Was just going to do the 2 front doors but to buy the leather they have to buy a whole hide so might as well do all 4 otherwise the rest would goto waste. He's going to make it look just like it came from factory with the same stitching and everything.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skiphoyt
Just about ready to place my order with Europrice. Alexander has been great with communications. The door panel parts with leather sills and stitching are certainly not inexpensive but cheaper than replacing my Q8 with a 2020! The manager of our local body shop who drives a 2018 Q7 is going to give me an estimate to swap out the door panels.
Have you received the new front door panel yet?

Quick Reply: Missing leather door trim piece with luxury package