Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

New RS Q8 - Anyone removed the rear large resonator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by brushin20911
@1stRS did you only do the large resonator or have you taken out the two smaller ones up front as well? If so did it make an even bigger impact? Did it cause any drone on the highway at 90-100mph? Thank you!!
There are a total of 4 resonators under the car. My car has none of the now. I'm running straight pipes with OEM cats. Its not as loud as one would expect.

IF I was to do this all over again, I'd remove the larger resonator (in the middle) and leave everything else in place.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time posting. First time Audi RSQ8 MY23 owner. My question is about the 2 mandrel bent pipes that are installed where the large middle resonator is being removed. Did you take pipes with you to the exhaust muffler place in Denver which they then installed for you or did they have them in stock? This is my first deresonatoring project and I want to ensure I follow what you have done to a tee to not make mistakes. My local shop mechanic is also having a look around but I value your opinion here having read alot of forum posts of late.
Old 11-03-2023, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by harryup7
First time posting. First time Audi RSQ8 MY23 owner. My question is about the 2 mandrel bent pipes that are installed where the large middle resonator is being removed. Did you take pipes with you to the exhaust muffler place in Denver which they then installed for you or did they have them in stock? This is my first deresonatoring project and I want to ensure I follow what you have done to a tee to not make mistakes. My local shop mechanic is also having a look around but I value your opinion here having read alot of forum posts of late.
I had the local shop weld in custom bent pipe. There are aftermarket pipes that can be purchased and attached via clamp, but it was far cheaper to have the local shop do it.

The reason I removed the entire exhaust system was that I didn't like how puffy it sounded (like a steam train). I saw that APR just came out with their exhaust for 4.0, very interesting. If I didn't already have straight pipes, I'd probably go that route.

Old 11-03-2023, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stRS
I had the local shop weld in custom bent pipe. There are aftermarket pipes that can be purchased and attached via clamp, but it was far cheaper to have the local shop do it.

The reason I removed the entire exhaust system was that I didn't like how puffy it sounded (like a steam train). I saw that APR just came out with their exhaust for 4.0, very interesting. If I didn't already have straight pipes, I'd probably go that route.

https://youtu.be/N9eNsBVpVG0?feature=shared
That looks and sounds amazing
Old 11-07-2023, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

took my car into the shop today to remove the resonator. Was quote $170 to weld in new pipes. Got car on the lift and low and behold mine already has the factory delete

Old 11-07-2023, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

The SQ8 doesn’t have the rear resonator. Only the RSQ8 does.
The following users liked this post:
ecloumd (11-07-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pete_SQ8
The SQ8 doesn’t have the rear resonator. Only the RSQ8 does.
Do they otherwise share the same rear muffler? Is the RSQ8 more quiet than the SQ8??
Old 11-07-2023, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ecloumd
Do they otherwise share the same rear muffler? Is the RSQ8 more quiet than the SQ8??
I have seen where people have said that the stock SQ8 sounds a bit better than the RSQ8, with the RSQ8 being quieter.
Not sure if they share the same muffler.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Removed mine today….i think it’s quieter?

So got the large resonator removed today. Am I just missing it or for reason is it quieter? I feel like there is less burbles when downshifting and overall presence is less. Anyone experiencing this?
Old 11-16-2023, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brushin20911
So got the large resonator removed today. Am I just missing it or for reason is it quieter? I feel like there is less burbles when downshifting and overall presence is less. Anyone experiencing this?
That's rather disappointing. I bought 200CEL downpipes and will install them this weekend and post pre/post videos

Quick Reply: New RS Q8 - Anyone removed the rear large resonator?