Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

PG 95 of the Manual - When in D - pull gear selector back and get S.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PG 95 of the Manual - When in D - pull gear selector back and get S.

Hi - trying to figure out what exactly is happening. Most times I drive my Q8 in "Auto" drive mode. What i have noticed when in any mode other than Dynamic (& per page 95 of the manual) pulling the gear selector to the rear - the mode in the instrument cluster changes from D to S yet Auto or Comfort still shows up below the S. It is very evident that when pulling the gear selector to the rear throttle response and shifting is much quicker like the Dynamic mode. My question is (I find it hard to discern); when in a mode other than Dynamic and you pull the gear selector to the rear are you only affecting throttle response and transmission shifting? I cannot discern a notable difference in steering inputs or efforts or suspension firmness when pulling the gear selector to the rear - just throttle response and shifting. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:59 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Bret Flinn
Hi - trying to figure out what exactly is happening. Most times I drive my Q8 in "Auto" drive mode. What i have noticed when in any mode other than Dynamic (& per page 95 of the manual) pulling the gear selector to the rear - the mode in the instrument cluster changes from D to S yet Auto or Comfort still shows up below the S. It is very evident that when pulling the gear selector to the rear throttle response and shifting is much quicker like the Dynamic mode. My question is (I find it hard to discern); when in a mode other than Dynamic and you pull the gear selector to the rear are you only affecting throttle response and transmission shifting? I cannot discern a notable difference in steering inputs or efforts or suspension firmness when pulling the gear selector to the rear - just throttle response and shifting. Thanks in advance.
Yes, that's exactly the point of it. Allows you to stay in your desired drive select mode for all other systems but pull back and get the S (Sport) mode throttle response and shifting.
The following users liked this post:
Bret Flinn (12-15-2020)