Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Picked up my 2022 Audi RSQ8 in Daytona Grey

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Picked up my 2022 Audi RSQ8 in Daytona Grey

Well...I finally picked up my 2022 RSQ8 yesterday.

I have to say, I am blown away by this car. It truly is phenomenal but more on that shortly.
Here is the timeline of my order, I did not order the car myself but it was a perfect spec, exactly how I would have ordered it except I would have preferred the Carbon Optics Package vs Black Optics as its only $3k more (here in Canada) and offers a ton of carbon fiber on the exterior for this small price tag.

One thing I am glad it doesn't have is the RS Package, I had put my name down on another RSQ8 prior to this one and it had the RS Design Package for $1,500 and I really wasn't a fan of it. Alcantara steering wheel is terrible in my opinion, especially for a daily driver, it will get worn within a year or so and it will look terrible, don't care for the red stripe on the edge of the seatbelt (sort of cheapens the interior for me personally) and the BIG RS logo on the mats was no bueno for me either.

I had the dealer mount my 23" Hankook Winter Tires and install my 15mm (front) and 20mm (rear) H&R Spacers on the car, looks super aggressive without poking out.

Here's the timeline:
Car was originally ordered in May 2021
Production was scheduled for the 35th week of 2021 (August 30th approx)
Finished Production on October 19th
Shipped out from Germany on November 18th
Arrived in Halifax on November 27th
Arrived to Dealer on December 17th
Picked up on December 21st

Here is the spec:
Daytona Grey with Black (Red Stitching) interior, Black Optics Package, Trailer Hitch, Massage Function, Extended Interior Elements in Leather, Alcantara Headliner, 23" 5-Y Rotor Design Wheels, Red Brake Calipers

I picked it up yesterday and drove it straight to get the windows tinted (15% on the 2 front windows, 20% on top of existing tint in the back and 50% windshield). I also ordered Black OEM emblems which should be here any day now. I was planning to lower it with the links but I'm not sure it is needed as it sits perfect for me when in Dynamic mode (lowest suspension setting).

The tech is amazing, tons of feature and gadgets to play with. The interior feels top notch, leather everywhere with the Alcantara roof liner is a BIG bonus! Really brings the interior feel up a level or two (maybe three )

Here are some pics…
At the dealer upon arrival

Pick up Day:

Tinted:

Home:

Last edited by SlammedR8; 12-22-2021 at 06:01 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by SlammedR8:
amartin003 (12-29-2021), Pabla (12-22-2021), retom (12-22-2021), uberwgn (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Congrats on finally taking delivery! The spec is amazing and I actually prefer the black optics with those wheels.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 810 Likes on 619 Posts

Congratulation! Enjoy it!
Beautiful car. I like Daytona Gray color, it's cool especially in the sunlight.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

awesome! yes, i agree with you, the RS package come with the alcantara steering isn't that great, i might look into replacing with the leather one.
are you planning to change the color of your rims?

Old 12-22-2021, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pabla
Congrats on finally taking delivery! The spec is amazing and I actually prefer the black optics with those wheels.
Ya, I don't mind the grey/silver wheels vs the black/silver wheels found on the Carbon equipped cars but $3k for all that carbon is a no brainer and I'm not even a carbon ***** like most people these days. But the front grille in carbon fiber is $4k alone. It's a no brainer in my opinion to order the carbon optics package for $3k. It just adds a lot to the car in my opinion.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SlammedR8
Ya, I don't mind the grey/silver wheels vs the black/silver wheels found on the Carbon equipped cars but $3k for all that carbon is a no brainer and I'm not even a carbon ***** like most people these days. But the front grille in carbon fiber is $4k alone. It's a no brainer in my opinion to order the carbon optics package for $3k. It just adds a lot to the car in my opinion.
Did the car come with winter tires or did the dealer replace them on your request?
Old 12-22-2021, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by retom
Did the car come with winter tires or did the dealer replace them on your request?
Found an answer in other thread
Old 12-22-2021, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
I sourced them myself from a website called blackcircles.ca as they were impossible to find anywhere else including the dealer…

so I asked dealer to install during PDI so it’s one less thing to do after pick up of the car
Old 12-22-2021, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jzhu625
awesome! yes, i agree with you, the RS package come with the alcantara steering isn't that great, i might look into replacing with the leather one.
are you planning to change the color of your rims?
Yea, not a fan of that. I know some people who have had it in Lamborghinis and such and it looked terrible after a few years. I imagine it would wear much quicker in a daily driver.

Since I mounted the winters on the OEM 23s, I may go for a set of aftermarket 23” for the summer to throw the original tires on… we’ll see if I can find something reasonable. I won’t spend $6k-$10k on wheels. Not worth it in my opinion.
also not planning to keep the car long term but who knows
Old 12-22-2021, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pabla
Thanks!

When do you expect yours to arrive?

Quick Reply: Picked up my 2022 Audi RSQ8 in Daytona Grey