Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Factory Order

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 11:08 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NY_Patriot
Picking up on this thread. I put my build order in for an S5 Coupe the beginning of last month (Feb 2021) and Audi still has not accepted the build. I'm hearing all different reasons why. COVID, a shortage of ECU's, etc.

I'm just hoping I can get a timeline soon. I was hoping to get the car by Summer but that may end up being late summer/fall.

MiKe
My dealer in Spain told me a q3sb build would be delivered sep-oct but can't get a date until production starts. Not sure what is happening again. My sq8 took 3 or 4 months from order to US delivery last fall.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Ordered my 2021 RSQ8 on Aug 28, 2020. It arrived via ship in Houston on 3/16/2021. I was told it is being shipped (by truck instead of train) from Houston and should arrive next week in Chicago. So that would be just under 7 months total.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCL
Ordered my 2021 RSQ8 on Aug 28, 2020. It arrived via ship in Houston on 3/16/2021. I was told it is being shipped (by truck instead of train) from Houston and should arrive next week in Chicago. So that would be just under 7 months total.
Glad you finally got your ride. I'm concerned that I wont be getting mine until Fall. Audi hasnt even taken my $2,500 deposit (used to be $1,000) nor provided a comm #
Old 03-20-2021, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Glad you finally got your ride. I'm concerned that I wont be getting mine until Fall. Audi hasnt even taken my $2,500 deposit (used to be $1,000) nor provided a comm #
Hang in there, chip shortages are messing up all the manufacturers. BMW is building X3s with only one seat with lumbar adjustment due to chip shortage. Chevy shipping trucks without mpg sensor, etc.

Add to that Audi’s dreadful customer communications and it’s pretty frustrating. I’ll share my experience: ordered RSQ8 Jan 1, given comm number and estimated delivery date of June. That was consistently moved up and now expected delivery is April 16.

Lastly, deposits seem very loosey goosey and determined by dealer. I’ve never had to put down a deposit and I’ve ordered three Audis. Anyway, I’d recommend nagging your sales person as much as you can for that comm number. Once you have that, you know you’re in the system. They’re just being lazy by not looking it up or worst case, they don’t have the allocation yet and you’re definitely in for a wait.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by methodtim
Hang in there, chip shortages are messing up all the manufacturers. BMW is building X3s with only one seat with lumbar adjustment due to chip shortage. Chevy shipping trucks without mpg sensor, etc.

Add to that Audi’s dreadful customer communications and it’s pretty frustrating. I’ll share my experience: ordered RSQ8 Jan 1, given comm number and estimated delivery date of June. That was consistently moved up and now expected delivery is April 16.

Lastly, deposits seem very loosey goosey and determined by dealer. I’ve never had to put down a deposit and I’ve ordered three Audis. Anyway, I’d recommend nagging your sales person as much as you can for that comm number. Once you have that, you know you’re in the system. They’re just being lazy by not looking it up or worst case, they don’t have the allocation yet and you’re definitely in for a wait.

Appreciate the insight man. I've heard the same about chip problems. There is NO comm number created as of yet with no allocation. We're waiting for the allocation still and my build was put into the dealer at the beginning of Feb. I'm really hoping a miracle will happen and still get it in July or Aug. The last thing I want is a brand new car going into winter. Thats why I put in my build in Feb. Guess I underestimated the **** show ensuing in the auto market.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Appreciate the insight man. I've heard the same about chip problems. There is NO comm number created as of yet with no allocation. We're waiting for the allocation still and my build was put into the dealer at the beginning of Feb. I'm really hoping a miracle will happen and still get it in July or Aug. The last thing I want is a brand new car going into winter. Thats why I put in my build in Feb. Guess I underestimated the **** show ensuing in the auto market.
Yeah, same, I was hemming and hawing all winter (2020) thinking I'd put in an order "whenever" and was just shocked to see how bad the delays were. Sucks, but hey, new car!
Old 03-20-2021, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by methodtim
Yeah, same, I was hemming and hawing all winter (2020) thinking I'd put in an order "whenever" and was just shocked to see how bad the delays were. Sucks, but hey, new car!
****in hemming and hawing. Aint that the worst? LOL. I've been doing the same. I was going to place the build order in Dec but got cold feet and decided to wait until Feb. Hindsight is crystal clear. Silver lining, yes, I'm getting a new car...eventually. And that extra waiting time will keep another $1,200 in my pocket each month ;-)

The $2,500 deposit aspect, that I need to discuss with my Stealership..