Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Q8 - OBDEleven

Hi, guys, copying this from the Q8 Prestige thread so as not to hijack any further. Here’s some of the changes I’ve made on my Q8. All the coding is available on search but I’ll try to post up codes when I have a chance. If anyone has the OBD tool already and wants info feel free to reply here or PM me...

- Scandinavian DRLs. The tail lights and rear light bar are on during the day (mirroring the front DRLs) and the headlight animation works in the rear during the day time everytime you unlock the car now.

- Disable amber bulbs in headlights. At night it’s just pure white now up front no amber side marker bulb. The reflector you can still see during the day though.

- Disable DRL winking when turn signals are on. Although on the Q8 with Matrix I’m not sure if the wink was ever there.

- Disable seat belt chime. The loudest chime on any production car ever is now officially MIA.

- Dim instrument cluster. Guages at night are just about perfect now.

- Fold mirrors by holding finger on lock sensor.

- Gear Selector shows gear in D/S, similar to the display when driving in Manual mode.

- Lift gate delay when pressing remote to avoid accidental opening.

- Double flash and double chirp on Lock and Unlock.

- Low Beam stays on when High Beams are on.

- Seat Ventilation - Increase fan speeds.

- Seat heating - Increase temps (I didn’t do this one).

Did a couple other locking changes also. The Parking camera increase speed before shutting off was disabled for Q8 for some reason. That’s one of the only changes from past Audi’s I couldn’t do.

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-24-2018 at 08:40 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by jrjunior31:
BMo (09-10-2022), Douglas Herbert (09-22-2019), dxviddc (07-11-2024), Eric Canty (02-13-2021), fzajing (01-26-2023), Manuel Goti (05-14-2020), segeln4me (01-23-2020), tomsti (04-11-2024), Vu Tran (08-13-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

01-16-2021, 11:43 AM
Michael99
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I finally got the Trailer Assist to work. I could not have done it without the experience, assistance, and patience of both mbsaeger and retom, thank you. Other posts in this thread were also very helpful.

I am going to list all of the coding below, so that someone in the future will have it all in one place. Please note that I am using the OBDeleven Next Gen Pro on a 2020 Q8 Prestige with rear wheel steering. The coding may differ on other years or models.

Please note that the Trailer Assist icon will not "light up" on your MMI unless you have the vehicle attached to a trailer, the wires plugged in, all of your trailer lights are functioning properly, and your rear liftgate is closed.

Please also note that in order for the Trailer Assist to work, you must also have the Maneuvering Assist coded properly. It does not matter which one you code first. Here are the steps:

Maneuvering Assist:

09 Central Electrics > adaptation > maneuvering brake function > activated

44 Steering Assistance > long coding > byte 2, bit 1 (active)

A5 Driver Assistance > long coding > byte 44 > bit 5 (MA Steering Active)

A5 Driver Assistance > long coding > byte 44 > bit 6 (MA Braking Active)

A5 Driver Assistance > long coding > byte 44 > bit 7 (MA Maneuver assist installed)

19 Gateway > adaptation > installation list > parking assistance > coded

Important note: Make sure to code and swipe the installation button at the same time for the following two steps since they apply to left and right brakes and must be coded the same:

03 Brakes > long coding > byte 10 > bit 0 > active

03 Brakes > long coding > byte 24 > bit 7 > active

Trailer Assist:

44 Steering Assistance > long coding > byte 1, bit 2 (trailer maneuver assist active)

46 Comfort System > long coding > byte 4 > bit 7 (trailer monitoring)

09 Central Electrics > long coding > byte 28 > bit 7 (ARA installed)

A5 Driver Assistance > long coding > byte 15, bit 4 (FW ARA BCM installed)

A5 Driver Assistance > long coding > byte 54 > bit 6 (TMA trailer maneuver assist installed)

A5 Driver Assistance > long coding > byte 54 > bit 7 (TMA trailer maneuver assist image processing installed)

5F Multimedia > Adaptation > Car Function Adaptations Gen 2 > menu display trailer assistant > activated

5F Multimedia > Adaptation > Car Function Adaptations Gen 2 > menu display trailer assistant over threshold high > activated

5F Multimedia > Adaptation > Car Function List BAP Gen 2 > trailer assistant 0x36 > activated

5F Multimedia > Adaptation > Car Function List BAP Gen 2 > trailer assistant msg bus 0x36 > terminal 15

IF YOU HAVE REAR WHEEL STEERING YOU NEED TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL STEP:

09 Central Electrics > long coding > rear axle steering > Hal not available

Regarding the rear wheel steering setting, I intend to turn this to "not available" when trailering and to "available" when not trailering.

I hope this helps someone in the future. Thank you everyone for your patience.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you just use the same coding as we did on the 4M Q7 (&A4 & Q5).?
Old 12-24-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you. Do I just buy an activation code from their website and download the app? I assume it walks you through the setup or do I need any specific adapter? Im new to this. Thank you for any help

Old 12-24-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Did you just use the same coding as we did on the 4M Q7 (&A4 & Q5).?
Yes, I think everything is the same for the most part.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default :)

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

Order from Shopdap.com for $79.99 that’s everything you need. Their shipping is very fast. You also need an Android device so you can download the OBD app. Watch a couple youtube videos on setup, anyone can do it it’s easy.

About to order one then I’ll be setting up most of what you posted there. Will need to find a friend with Android as I only have iPhone, that’s a shame it’s needed to set it up. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ordered

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

Order from Shopdap.com for $79.99 that’s everything you need. Their shipping is very fast. You also need an Android device so you can download the OBD app. Watch a couple youtube videos on setup, anyone can do it it’s easy.

Update- it’s been ordered, 2 day shipping. I’m not very hands on so I may have a few questions when it comes in.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DONTHATEMYQ8

About to order one then I’ll be setting up most of what you posted there. Will need to find a friend with Android as I only have iPhone, that’s a shame it’s needed to set it up. Thanks for the info!
I have iphone also, I just ordered an RCA Voyager tablet from Walmart for like $42 shipped or something. Saw other people on Audiworld did the same. A friends phone will work I guess if you have some time but it’s nice to have access at any time in case you want to play around with it.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This Google Doc is a good place to start. I used a lot of these. Some don’t work such as Light Scenario (this shuts off all interior lighting at night after unlock) I wouldn’t bother with this. Fold Mirrors via Key Fob and Parking Assist Speed Threshold also didn’t work for me. The DRL codes from this list all work however and are excellent. There’s DAS codes also that should work, but I haven’t tried them since I’m rarely on the freeway. I’ll post some other coding that this list doesn’t cover as well...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.ninn336zo2h7
Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

CODINGS:

Disable Seat Belt Chime:
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Adaptation
  • Deactivate seat belt warning
  • Old value - No
  • New value - Yes
  • Press and hold green check mark to save.
Dimming of Virtual Cockpit:
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Adaptation
  • dimming_characteristic_curve_adjustment_middle_dis play_main_field_high_resolution
  • Y1
  • Old value - 2
  • New Value - 0
  • Y2
  • Old value - 2
  • New value - 0
Time for opening rear lid with remote control:
Description: Create a longer press and hold on the remote to avoid accidentally releasing the rear lift gate.
  • (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • Adaptation
  • Time for opening rear lid with remote control
  • Old value - 800ms
  • New Value - 1600ms
Long press lock sensors to power fold mirrors:
  • (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • Long coding
  • mirror_retraction_at_comfort_close
  • Old value - not active
  • New value - active
Seat ventilation fan speed increase:
Description: You can increase the fan speeds of all three stages by a range of 1-10%. I haven’t tested this much yet, but am trying an increase of 5% on Stage 2 and Stage 3 initially.
  • (09) Central Electrics
  • Adaptation
  • Seat ventilation, micro adjust
  • Stage 3
  • Old value - 0%
  • New value - 5%
  • Stage 2
  • Old value - 0%
  • New value - 5%
Lap Counter:
Description: Adds a Lap Counter and a Lap Statistics display to the information displayed in the Virtual Cockpit.
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Long coding
  • Lap counter
  • Old value - No
  • New value - Yes

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-24-2018 at 11:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jrjunior31:
ecloumd (10-29-2023), Francisamar (10-19-2021)
Old 12-24-2018, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Apologies for the formatting on the previous post, it’s a little confusing. Everything was spaced out nicely in between codings, and then when the post loaded it jumbled everything together, and editing didn’t work either.

Here’s some quick pics I snapped showing some of the changes. You may be able to notice the absence of the amber side marker bulb in the headlights shot. Also the before and after shots of the VC at night appear to show the brightness level change on the digital guages...

The following users liked this post:
C.Mack (06-19-2023)

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven