Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayemko
Not all features can be changed on all Q8s, and some can be changed manually while not being able to be changed by an “app.” For example, enabling TPMS for me now shows “function not available” but this had to have been changed by an app update because I originally enabled it but post update I cannot disable it via the “app” in OBD11. Try changing the Option manually: 02 Transmission > Adaptation > Single Gear Display > [select one of four options]
I tried long coding and then tried one of the apps. Neither worked. The weird part is that none of my changes worked. So just trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Gusman1
I tried long coding and then tried one of the apps. Neither worked. The weird part is that none of my changes worked. So just trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.
Ah so no change at all worked, that’s definitely weird. And a 21 should be fine (my 21 has no issues), I see you’re in US, and going to stereotype and assume that since you’re in SF you know how to use a smartphone app, so weird for sure. You’re just turning the car on right, not starting it (one start button press with no foot on brake)?
Old 04-14-2024, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Was your hood open? Most VAG cars need the hood open to enable coding to stick
Old 04-14-2024, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jayemko
Ah so no change at all worked, that’s definitely weird. And a 21 should be fine (my 21 has no issues), I see you’re in US, and going to stereotype and assume that since you’re in SF you know how to use a smartphone app, so weird for sure. You’re just turning the car on right, not starting it (one start button press with no foot on brake)?
Yeah nothing worked. Yes single press of the ignition start button with no foot on brake. Is there a certain process for when you’re done at the end??

Originally Posted by HDCL
Was your hood open? Most VAG cars need the hood open to enable coding to stick
Initially when I connected within the app it wasn’t but then I opened it when I was trying to confirm the 1st change.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well went back in there and tried again. This time it worked. Only thing I did different was open the hood before connecting anything or turning on ignition. It was still giving me the error below for the gear display. Went back into adaptation and then it worked.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:56 AM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Well went back in there and tried again. This time it worked. Only thing I did different was open the hood before connecting anything or turning on ignition. It was still giving me the error below for the gear display. Went back into adaptation and then it worked.
unit 02 > Adaptation > Single gear display > "D on/S on"
The following users liked this post:
Gusman1 (04-15-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Inspection due

Does anyone no how to clear inspection due notice pops up on dash, with the Obd eleven
thanks
Old 05-27-2024, 06:51 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just received this email from OBD11. At this point I don't even know where I put it. If someone checks this out please let me know if it works.

Hello there,

We are excited to share that we have discovered a solution for the new 2023-2024 Audi vehicles regarding the "SFD2" issue. We kindly ask that you update your iOS application to version 1.9.36 and your Android application to version 0.83.0. After updating, please check the connection and accessibility to your car once again.

Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us.

Edvinas
OBDeleven

Old 06-06-2024, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

A little more info on this...

Please note that manual coding may not work on control units with SFD protection, including some One-Click Apps. However, a full scan is now possible on all control units, and coding is possible on control units without SFD protection.

The control units that may be affected include:
  • (01) - Engine electronics
  • (15) - Airbag
  • (19) - Diagnostic interface for data bus
  • (46) - Comfort system
  • (5F) - Information electronics 1
  • (75) - Emergency call module and communication unit
These control units may be found in the following Audi models:
  • Audi A4 2024-
  • Audi A6 2024-
  • Audi A5 2024-
  • Audi A6 2024-
  • Audi Q8 2024-
  • Audi Q8 e-tron 2024-
  • Audi e-tron GT 2024-
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to address this issue. Our team is still working on adding coding to SFD-protected control units and developing solutions for other new 2024 VAG cars. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Old 06-10-2024, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

There is an updated software version to get past the SFD security. Ignition ON and hood open. Worked great in my 2024 SQ8.

That said there is no app to disable start/stop. Anyone know how to long code it?

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven