Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 01:24 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianJedi
There is an updated software version to get past the SFD security. Ignition ON and hood open. Worked great in my 2024 SQ8.

That said there is no app to disable start/stop. Anyone know how to long code it?
@AsianJedi Hello. Just to confirm for everyone following this, so it could be understood without confusion…

1. Are you claiming OBDEleven has managed to bypass SFD2 in late MY23 (MY24 vehicles) with a new software version?
2. If yes, has this software version been officially released?
3. Do you have this version right now?
4. If yes, what is the software version number?
5. What have you managed to successfully enable on your car?
6. Were you able to accomplish this yourself without remote assistance from others?

The answers to those questions would be much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2024, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
@AsianJedi Hello. Just to confirm for everyone following this, so it could be understood without confusion…

1. Are you claiming OBDEleven has managed to bypass SFD2 in late MY23 (MY24 vehicles) with a new software version?
2. If yes, has this software version been officially released?
3. Do you have this version right now?
4. If yes, what is the software version number?
5. What have you managed to successfully enable on your car?
6. Were you able to accomplish this yourself without remote assistance from others?

The answers to those questions would be much appreciated.
1. Sort of. See my post above for their clarification of what is available.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. 1.9.36

5a. One Click Apps That Work:
Interior Lighting Scenario
Interior Lighting Behaviour
Seat Belt Warning
Speedometer Enhanced Scale Divisions
Gauge Test Needle Sweep
Seat Ventilation 3

5b. One Click Apps That Didn't work:
Key Fob Range Limitation
Gear Display
Taillights Animation
Steering Wheel Heating
Alarm Lock/Unlock Beep Duration

Those are all I played around with, not a comprehensive list of any sort.

6. Yes
The following users liked this post:
Mrclopec (06-10-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 11:27 AM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianJedi
disable start/stop. Anyone know how to long code it?
This is not possible for MY21+
Old 06-23-2024, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Hi, guys, copying this from the Q8 Prestige thread so as not to hijack any further. Here’s some of the changes I’ve made on my Q8. All the coding is available on search but I’ll try to post up codes when I have a chance. If anyone has the OBD tool already and wants info feel free to reply here or PM me...

- Scandinavian DRLs. The tail lights and rear light bar are on during the day (mirroring the front DRLs) and the headlight animation works in the rear during the day time everytime you unlock the car now.

- Disable amber bulbs in headlights. At night it’s just pure white now up front no amber side marker bulb. The reflector you can still see during the day though.

- Disable DRL winking when turn signals are on. Although on the Q8 with Matrix I’m not sure if the wink was ever there.

- Disable seat belt chime. The loudest chime on any production car ever is now officially MIA.

- Dim instrument cluster. Guages at night are just about perfect now.

- Fold mirrors by holding finger on lock sensor.

- Gear Selector shows gear in D/S, similar to the display when driving in Manual mode.

- Lift gate delay when pressing remote to avoid accidental opening.

- Double flash and double chirp on Lock and Unlock.

- Low Beam stays on when High Beams are on.

- Seat Ventilation - Increase fan speeds.

- Seat heating - Increase temps (I didn’t do this one).

Did a couple other locking changes also. The Parking camera increase speed before shutting off was disabled for Q8 for some reason. That’s one of the only changes from past Audi’s I couldn’t do.

Hello jrjunior31! I'm totally new to the OBD2 world. Can you tell me if the Blue Driver OBD will allow me to reset the various Q8 systems such as you have done? Thanks in advance for any advice you send my way.
Old 06-23-2024, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Schlempo
Hello jrjunior31! I'm totally new to the OBD2 world. Can you tell me if the Blue Driver OBD will allow me to reset the various Q8 systems such as you have done? Thanks in advance for any advice you send my way.
The OBDEleven will, the Blue Driver OBD won’t. All OBD2 readers can scan and clear codes, but you need one that specifically can program VAG cars (VW/Audi/Lamborghini/Bentley/etc) in order to make the changes listed. This thread is about the OBDEleven tool, Ross-Tech has another compatible tool.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the info!! Can you recommend a reasonably priced OBD Eleven? I need one for my Audi Q8. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2024, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the info!! Can you recommend a reasonably priced OBD Eleven? I need one for my Audi Q8. Thanks in advance.
I bought mine on Amazon three years ago, forgot what I paid (Pro-Pack) but it’s been very worth it for me. Here’s a link to the OBDEleven store:
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-24-2024, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jayemko
I bought mine on Amazon three years ago, forgot what I paid (Pro-Pack) but it’s been very worth it for me. Here’s a link to the OBDEleven store:
Amazon Amazon
Thanks my friend!! That's what I think I need. An OBD Eleven for an IOS device. Looking forward to making all the adjustments to my new 2024 Audi Q8.
Old 06-24-2024, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Thanks my friend!! That's what I think I need. An OBD Eleven for an IOS device. Looking forward to making all the adjustments to my new 2024 Audi Q8.
I am afraid that you will not be able to do much in Q8 2024. This model has SFD2 and many controllers are locked. So far there is no OBD device which is able to break this SFD2 block. I would contact OBDEleven before you spend your monaey on useless device.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by retom
I am afraid that you will not be able to do much in Q8 2024. This model has SFD2 and many controllers are locked. So far there is no OBD device which is able to break this SFD2 block. I would contact OBDEleven before you spend your monaey on useless device.
Thanks so much Retom! I've been doing my research and also saw the problems with the new 2024 models!! I guess I will hold off buying any type of OBD Eleven device until I find out that they have cracked the code! In the meantime, I will be monitoring this thread as well as others and keep my fingers crossed that there will be a breakthrough!!

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven