Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q8 Purchase Advice

I am a new member looking to purchase a 2021 Q8 which will most likely be a special order. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the best price? Or a dealer (MI, VA preferred)?
Thank you very much
Old 01-27-2021, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

If you're looking for no/minimal hassle, I always submit an email inquiry to dealers with the spec I'm looking for and the price I'm willing to pay. For a Q7/8, 6-10% off of MSRP seems to be the typical landing point. Sorry no advice for particular dealers in those areas.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by methodtim
If you're looking for no/minimal hassle, I always submit an email inquiry to dealers with the spec I'm looking for and the price I'm willing to pay. For a Q7/8, 6-10% off of MSRP seems to be the typical landing point. Sorry no advice for particular dealers in those areas.
6% should be the baseline on a non-limited model. This is the supply discount, friends and family discount, etc from corporate. Costco ran a 10% deal. Depending on the dealer, special ordering might hurt your position a bit. They are usually happier when they know you are driving off the lot that day, but many dealers will still do a good deal for an order car since they don't need to float it when it comes in.
The following users liked this post:
methodtim (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bmmerman
I am a new member looking to purchase a 2021 Q8 which will most likely be a special order. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the best price? Or a dealer (MI, VA preferred)?
Thank you very much
What I would do is go online and find all the dealers in your area within a few hour. Go on their website and see what cars are available. I am certain you will find something close to what you're looking for if not exactly.

In my experience when you find a car on a dealer's lot there's a better likelihood you would get a better discount than if you were ordering one specially.

Last edited by Stick_man; 01-27-2021 at 03:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
imdakine1 (01-27-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I've ordered 3 Audi's so far. I have always had the corporate friends and family rate (8%) and as long as its not an RS model, the dealers are usually pretty happy with that and there are no additional negotiations, which is important for me because an addition 2-3% isn't worth the back and forth time. 2 were ordered from Audi of Chantilly in VA (Q7 & SQ5). My SQ8 was a bit more challenging because it was a very early 2020 model, and every dealer didn't want to honor the friends and family discount (us law states that the dealer doesn't have to accept it). eventually they agreed to the discount, that was Audi of Frederick in MD. The guy I worked with at Audi of Chantilly is absolutely amazing!
Old 01-28-2021, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Can I ask if you were a qualifying Friend or Family, or just used it as a reference point? What exactly is a Friend, and how could I become a Friend? Also, would you be willing to share the names of the people you worked with at Audi of Chantilly and Frederick MD?
Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just tel them you want the discount.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

If you are not happy with discount you have always an alternative and build your own car:
Old 01-28-2021, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bmmerman
Thanks for the advice. Can I ask if you were a qualifying Friend or Family, or just used it as a reference point? What exactly is a Friend, and how could I become a Friend? Also, would you be willing to share the names of the people you worked with at Audi of Chantilly and Frederick MD?
Thanks again.
Audi employees can provide codes to their friends and family members to buy at 6% (which is usually about the published invoice price. I don't have access to F&F but my company is a supplier, so we are part of the Affinity program (also 6%) Audi Affinity Program
Old 01-28-2021, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gregtay
Audi employees can provide codes to their friends and family members to buy at 6% (which is usually about the published invoice price. I don't have access to F&F but my company is a supplier, so we are part of the Affinity program (also 6%) Audi Affinity Program
My company is noted as a supplier as well and this program is (or was, I haven't checked lately) in our perks portfolio. My experience in 2019 was that I emailed the dealer referencing the program, they said it's 6% off, and we never spoke of it again, so I think the whole business of discounts (on non "rare" models) is pretty loosey goosey. I don't say any of this to disagree with gregtay, just appending that you can just tell your salesperson "I want 6/8/10% off MSRP" and it'll probably go down just like that.

Quick Reply: Q8 Purchase Advice