Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Voice Commands issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q8 Voice Commands issue

I have a UK variant MY2021 Audi Q8 S-Line with C&S pack. It was delivered 3 weeks ago and so far so good - I’ve had only one issue. I’ve done lots of Googling and can’t seem to find anyone else mention that they’ve had the same issue so thought I would try here.
When I press the button on the steering wheel to access Voice Commands the tone sounds and I say a command. Nothing happens. A few seconds later the system says “What would you like to do” and displays a list of possible commands. I say a command again and a few seconds later it says it will be going into rest mode. It’s almost like the microphones just aren’t picking up any audio when the voice commands feature is invoked. I have no issue whatsoever with phone call audio - just when trying to use voice commands so it feels like a software issue. Has anybody else experienced this and if so what was the resolution?
Thank you in advance.
Old 10-10-2020, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by jp-mco
I have a UK variant MY2021 Audi Q8 S-Line with C&S pack. It was delivered 3 weeks ago and so far so good - I’ve had only one issue. I’ve done lots of Googling and can’t seem to find anyone else mention that they’ve had the same issue so thought I would try here.
When I press the button on the steering wheel to access Voice Commands the tone sounds and I say a command. Nothing happens. A few seconds later the system says “What would you like to do” and displays a list of possible commands. I say a command again and a few seconds later it says it will be going into rest mode. It’s almost like the microphones just aren’t picking up any audio when the voice commands feature is invoked. I have no issue whatsoever with phone call audio - just when trying to use voice commands so it feels like a software issue. Has anybody else experienced this and if so what was the resolution?
Thank you in advance.
Did you try the simple commends like single words as: radio, navigation or telephone? If it also doesn't work it means that something is faulty.
Old 10-10-2020, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
Did you try the simple commends like single words as: radio, navigation or telephone? If it also doesn't work it means that something is faulty.
No they don’t work either. Maybe something is faulty.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works fine...actually works pretty good considering most of these systems are marginal at best....much better than the voice command in my previous Ram Limited. Also - short press of the button gets you to Audi - long press gets me to Siri (Apple Car Play).
Old 10-11-2020, 11:16 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Off topic but how does the alexa integration work?