Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

RaceChip GTS 40+ HP 74+ Torque

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RaceChip GTS 40+ HP 74+ Torque

Just ordered this DIY plug n’ play tune. What do you all think? Anyone install on the Q8 yet? Results / thoughts?
https://www.racechip.us/shop/audi/q8...-369lb-ft.html
Old 06-21-2019, 01:53 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Im waiting for the ABT tune, but does the RaceChip flag the ECU or void the warranty?
The following users liked this post:
CryptoFaro (06-27-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

ive personally used this and although it’s early days the performance seems better as well as better fuel economy.

the PedalBox unit definitely change a the way the car responds, but be aware the lag issue that all Q8’s appear to have isn’t rectified by these units at all which is a shame.
CryptoFaro (06-27-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Let us know your results. I've been looking at that same unit.
CryptoFaro (06-27-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are any of these brand tune chips traceable in case you need to remove it and take it in for service? Would hate to have warranty voided on such a new vehicle.
CryptoFaro (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so yes the bad news is this unit screws any warranty you had full stop and unfortunately mine was found installed when they were working on it for something totally unrelated and I’ve been told I can say good bye to my 3 year warranty.

they ran a diagnostic and found a couple of faults which they put down to the unit I fitted.

in my opinion after a month of playing around I found no real increase in either performance or fuel economy using this set up but one thing I would say is that the pedal box into itself definitely works a treat for improved response, incredibly good in fact.
CryptoFaro (07-06-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

RaceChip made some incredible process during the last wo years. The new GTS works great and does not void the warranty if it is removed before a service. Once removed, it is traceless. There is no flag like in systems that flash the ecu.
The installation should basically be the same as in following video:

They also made a video of the Q8 with a Diesel engine
CryptoFaro (07-06-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 02:21 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Any update on this project?
Old 07-13-2019, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 939 Likes on 651 Posts

Guys.

BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT USING THIS.

The B9 S4 may have the same EA839 engine as the Q8/A8/A6/A7 but our cars have the 48V system with the belt starter generator that adds torque using the mild hybrid battery.

This affects every acceleration, cruising, highway driving, etc. I would NOT be using a system designed for the B9 S4 on our cars, period.

I don't know of any chip tuner that takes into account the mild hybridization effects of our cars, and until one of them addresses it I'm staying the hell away from this.

That said I'll pay good money for a company that addresses it and disengages the BSG as I have no need for a minuscule boost or for any fuel economy improvements on my car. I'd rather not have to replace that dang 48V battery!
LeicaNut (01-07-2020)
Old 07-14-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Installed.. then uninstalled.. not sure if I did it correctly.

If if I can identify the correct connections i can come back and report my findings. So far I got warnings and check engine / limp mode. So I reverted to stock to be safe.

i think I have the right sensors but Amy e I have the swapped? Should each sensor be located on a specific tube or part? The ones I found are the only sensors I could find with “grey” tabs to unlock.

Racechip provides these photos. Do not match the engine bay of my car. It’s a S4.

Above: That grey tab.. I believe to be the turbo boost sensor...not sure. Is it?!?? Please help if u know and post photos if u know where this sensor is.

above: left arrow is where I have found the below. The right arrow: is where I believe the turbo boost sensor is.
Is this above the Manifold absolute pressure connection??!

Originally Posted by dubbrand
Let us know your results. I've been looking at that same unit.

Quick Reply: RaceChip GTS 40+ HP 74+ Torque