Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

RaceChip GTS 40+ HP 74+ Torque

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed - day 1 WORKS GREAT I feel the power!

Ok guys, despite the instructions that show a totally different engine and engine bay...I got it installed. The Manifold absolute pressure sensor is basically where the instructions said(basically) but the turbo boost sensor was low down to the right behind the driver head light. Once I got to that sensor it was soon sailing (after using my Mr.Gadget maneuvering..) .

no check engine.
Idles perfect
and accelerates much faster than before.. just in “sport” Race is a whole other level.

On day one..worth it.

At the top you can see “B” going to where the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor is.

Mounted RACECHIP GTS away from hot areas.

You can’t see the sensor but to the left is the back of the drivers head light and the tube goes down under the blue Panel where the sensors is tucked under attached to the tube for “a” connection or Turbo Boost pressure sensor.

Originally Posted by CryptoFaro
If if I can identify the correct connections i can come back and report my findings. So far I got warnings and check engine / limp mode. So I reverted to stock to be safe.

i think I have the right sensors but Amy e I have the swapped? Should each sensor be located on a specific tube or part? The ones I found are the only sensors I could find with “grey” tabs to unlock.

Racechip provides these photos. Do not match the engine bay of my car. It’s a S4.

Above: That grey tab.. I believe to be the turbo boost sensor...not sure. Is it?!?? Please help if u know and post photos if u know where this sensor is.

above: left arrow is where I have found the below. The right arrow: is where I believe the turbo boost sensor is.
Is this above the Manifold absolute pressure connection??!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Any Updates?

Hey Crypto-
Any updates on your RaceChip experience? Did you consider or buy the XLR too? I'm debating it for my Q8. Also, guessing you got the app to go along with it? I'd love to hear more about your experience and the performance gains so far!

Thanks,
Andy
The following users liked this post:
CryptoFaro (10-15-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo boost

Hi how did you reach the turbo boost sensor? I can’t fit my hand behind the headlight to get to it. Any help much appreciated. I think I can see it but can’t figure out how to reach.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Turbo boost sensor

sorry for the late response.. password issues lol.

To reach it I needed to take out the entire intake area you can see in the photos. Then I had to “shimmy” my left arm down as far as I could to the lowest part of the intake pipe (behind driver right headlight) that I could possibly reach (I have fairly long arms)..then I could barely touch the sensor and needed a flathead screw driver to pop the sensor out.i had to use the Tips of my fingures to install the racechip to that sensor...it was hard to reach but got it done after 20-30mins of fiddling with it.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Performance / app / xlr

Originally Posted by AndrewStone
Hey Crypto-
Any updates on your RaceChip experience? Did you consider or buy the XLR too? I'm debating it for my Q8. Also, guessing you got the app to go along with it? I'd love to hear more about your experience and the performance gains so far!

Thanks,
Andy
i am thinking about the XLR. I think the xlr will help the pedal lag I still have even with the racechip. The racechip has given my Q8 significant power difference (that I feel)..it also makes the wheels chirp when I punch it from a stand still while turning onto a street. The APP is a must* technically you are paying for a racechip that has Bluetooth so it will work with the app. The app had issues at first connecting BUT they updated the app and it works everytime now. Great company.. they took my feedback via email and fixed it. Made me feel like I made a difference. It is worth the $700ish. Just be ready to have some challenges reaching. The turbo boost sensor... it’s doable..just annoying to find and reach.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jammin39
Ok so yes the bad news is this unit screws any warranty you had full stop and unfortunately mine was found installed when they were working on it for something totally unrelated and I’ve been told I can say good bye to my 3 year warranty.

they ran a diagnostic and found a couple of faults which they put down to the unit I fitted.

in my opinion after a month of playing around I found no real increase in either performance or fuel economy using this set up but one thing I would say is that the pedal box into itself definitely works a treat for improved response, incredibly good in fact.
Why didn't you remove the device before going in for service? Isn't that the whole point of a piggyback?
The following users liked this post:
vhtran (12-17-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Default I bought a tune box for my car. Haven’t installed yet.

Chiptuning Box Audi RSQ8 4.0 V8 441 kW 600 PS

TMC Motorsport

https://www.tmcmotorsport.com/produc...kw-600-ps.html

Old 12-19-2020, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

For myself, I'm still waiting for the APR tuning chip. They've said they're working on one for the Q8 but nothing yet. My Audi dealer will actually install them and continue to honor the Audi warranty.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldChipper
For myself, I'm still waiting for the APR tuning chip. They've said they're working on one for the Q8 but nothing yet. My Audi dealer will actually install them and continue to honor the Audi warranty.
Same here. Waiting for APR.