Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Rs q8 to urus exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Rs q8 to urus exhaust?

One of the guys in the q8 group chat wondered about the use of a Urus exhaust on the q8.

I've got a rsq8 coming in and the exhaust doesn't sound like it should, though I spent the money on the sports exhaust.

Any thoughts, what do you think is needed to use the urus exhaust on the rsq8. Can you flip a switch /select a mode and she's quiet again? My wife will not want to thunder to groceries lol.. I will tho. =) =) =)

@retom thoughts?
Old 04-29-2021, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

I do not know if the exhaust from the Urus will fit 1: 1 to the RSQ8. I have not heard of such a solution yet. It can certainly be very costly if at all possible.
If you want to improve the sound and slightly increase the power and torque at the same time (but do not expect spectacular increases) think about one of these 3 solutions dedicated to the RSQ8: Akrapovic, Capristo or Milltek. Akrapovic certainly has the ability to adjust the exhaust flaps. The remaining 2 would have to be confirmed with the producers.
The following users liked this post:
SQ8westcoast (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Longbird
One of the guys in the q8 group chat wondered about the use of a Urus exhaust on the q8.

I've got a rsq8 coming in and the exhaust doesn't sound like it should, though I spent the money on the sports exhaust.

Any thoughts, what do you think is needed to use the urus exhaust on the rsq8. Can you flip a switch /select a mode and she's quiet again? My wife will not want to thunder to groceries lol.. I will tho. =) =) =)

@retom thoughts?
................exactly ! The SQ8 exhaust note sounds better to me , and personally I like the quad tip set up better .................
Old 04-29-2021, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
I do not know if the exhaust from the Urus will fit 1: 1 to the RSQ8. I have not heard of such a solution yet. It can certainly be very costly if at all possible.
If you want to improve the sound and slightly increase the power and torque at the same time (but do not expect spectacular increases) think about one of these 3 solutions dedicated to the RSQ8: Akrapovic, Capristo or Milltek. Akrapovic certainly has the ability to adjust the exhaust flaps. The remaining 2 would have to be confirmed with the producers.
I've listened to the 3. I know akra apparently has a few different lines. I can't say I'm sold on any one.
​​​​​​Going for sound for sure...
I don't like that chattering noise some do.

I've heard some resonator delete sound good.

Curious what the Kauftech of similar would sound like.
​​​​​
I didn't think the urus one would be very much of a fancy swap.. You're thinking from the header back I guess? Could a splice partway be possible?
​​
Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Longbird
I've listened to the 3. I know akra apparently has a few different lines. I can't say I'm sold on any one.
​​​​​​Going for sound for sure...
I don't like that chattering noise some do.

I've heard some resonator delete sound good.

Curious what the Kauftech of similar would sound like.
​​​​​
I didn't think the urus one would be very much of a fancy swap.. You're thinking from the header back I guess? Could a splice partway be possible?
​​
I don't know Urus, so it's hard for me to talk about the exhaust of this car. For now I have SQ8 but maybe someday in the future I will have Urus
As far as I know now, not all Urus dimensions are the same as RSQ8. That is why the swap could be complicated. But of course everything is possible - this could be only the matter of costs.
The Kufatec module for the RSQ8 does not change the sound of the exhaust system. The only thing that changes is that you can control the original exhaust flaps in a wider way.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know Urus, so it's hard for me to talk about the exhaust of this car. For now I have SQ8 but maybe someday in the future I will have Urus
As far as I know now, not all Urus dimensions are the same as RSQ8. That is why the swap could be complicated. But of course everything is possible - this could be only the matter of costs.
The Kufatec module for the RSQ8 does not change the sound of the exhaust system. The only thing that changes is that you can control the original exhaust flaps in a wider way.
So more sound? Lol..

Wonder if there's two breakout diagrams that can be compared or under carriage photos urus and rsq8

I don't know enough about exhausts. But connection at header.. Pipes.. And muffler right .. If you inversely fit a urus with a rsq8 set of the above. Would it sound like a rsq8?
​​​​​​I suppose a exhaust also needs a tune.

Just wondering if a simple muffler swap w a urus gets you close to That noise.

It sounded awesome compared to the rsq8 mouse squeak
Old 04-29-2021, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

This is exhaust from Urus. Looks the same like from RSQ8 without resonator:

Catalog numbers are also the same ( last letters can be different for every MY):
4M8253078BK - RSQ8
4M8253078BL - Urus
Longbird (04-30-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is exhaust from Urus. Looks the same like from RSQ8 without resonator:

Catalog numbers are also the same ( last letters can be different for every MY):
4M8253078BK - RSQ8
4M8253078BL - Urus
I don't know specifically but I thought at least some q8 Sq8 rsq8 model had multiple resonator. I remember someone saying they deleted one left other two.

Is it the rsq8 has 3.. And urus has 0?

I know Sq8 and q8 factory option to delete resonator.. It is not one for rsq8. At least in Canada. I asked.

BTW.. Wth does the Kauftech do on rsq8 then? Lol
Old 04-29-2021, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

I posted a sound clip a while back. Don’t worry- you will love the sound of RSQ8. The before and after clips on Akrapovic, Milltek and Capristo really make the oem exhaust sound like ****. You’ll love it even more if you do what I did- I cut out the big resonator in the back before the muffler. Now it screams and really has a low grumble at idle. I left the two resonators up front, where the Urus has no resonators. I will cut out those front two at some point. If you do remove any of the resonators, be sure to weld a hanger back in, otherwise you will get some drone/shake and rattle.

The muffler is probably identical. Retom, can you look up the part # for the RSQ8 main muffler? I’m willing to bet they are the same, 4M0253611E is the URUS.

These two Urus does not have.

These are the pipes I welded in.

This is the big resonator from the back.
Omegafiler (06-11-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1stRS
I posted a sound clip a while back. Don’t worry- you will love the sound of RSQ8. The before and after clips on Akrapovic, Milltek and Capristo really make the oem exhaust sound like ****. You’ll love it even more if you do what I did- I cut out the big resonator in the back before the muffler. Now it screams and really has a low grumble at idle. I left the two resonators up front, where the Urus has no resonators. I will cut out those front two at some point. If you do remove any of the resonators, be sure to weld a hanger back in, otherwise you will get some drone/shake and rattle.

The muffler is probably identical. Retom, can you look up the part # for the RSQ8 main muffler? I’m willing to bet they are the same, 4M0253611E is the URUS.

These two Urus does not have.

These are the pipes I welded in.

This is the big resonator from the back.
Ps I Pm'd you.
Thanks for this.
Do you have the exhaust with the flaps? The sport one? That's the one I got, and I wonder if anything is different
@retom any differences really with the sport exhaust, or just the flaps. Wonder where the flaps are? Muffler?

​Wonder if they delete a resonator lol. Ok that's just me praying.

I'm wondering if you delete the resonator and have flaps, if toggling the flags closed gets you a pretty quiet car. Call it wife and cop mode. They're ticketing madly here for modified exhausts. I personally also can get headaches and am sensitive to sound, so I want to be able to goto quieter settings. When I say that, I don't mean a Hyundai, my dd is a m3 e92 and it's exhaust is fine.

I've just never had a performance exhaust, I remember a colleague bought a s5 with an exhaust, and he took a lot of conference calls in his car. Drove everyone nuts the constant drone?noise? So he had it removed lol.

Quick Reply: Rs q8 to urus exhaust?