Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Rs q8 to urus exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
It won't be that bad
Something like sports catalytic converters exists, and it is often the solution found in sports cars. As a rule, such cats are more expensive. I think Audi could have gone this way. These can even be Urus cats.
And possibly yellow. Fine ill take them.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

I just took delivery of mine yesterday and it sounds amazing. Good burble and growl on acceleration but totally muted in comfort. It’s great when you just don’t want to bother anyone. And then in RS2 everything full blown, it growls and pops every time you let off the gas.

I was doing freeway speed next to two e90s, gave it a rev to pass, and when they caught up, both gave thumbs up with big smiles. It was a hoot.

The exhaust is not a canon and you’re not gonna get crazy high wheeeeee like in Lambo sports cars. But it’s so good. I can’t imagine you’d want more unless you just wanted more crackles and a noticeable increase in dbs.
The following 3 users liked this post by methodtim:
Jota83 (05-17-2022), Longbird (05-01-2021), SQ8westcoast (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by methodtim
I just took delivery of mine yesterday and it sounds amazing. Good burble and growl on acceleration but totally muted in comfort. It’s great when you just don’t want to bother anyone. And then in RS2 everything full blown, it growls and pops every time you let off the gas.

I was doing freeway speed next to two e90s, gave it a rev to pass, and when they caught up, both gave thumbs up with big smiles. It was a hoot.

The exhaust is not a canon and you’re not gonna get crazy high wheeeeee like in Lambo sports cars. But it’s so good. I can’t imagine you’d want more unless you just wanted more crackles and a noticeable increase in dbs.
Thank you! Congrats

Does the stitching on seats match the stitching on doors and dash?
Old 05-01-2021, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Longbird
Thank you! Congrats

Does the stitching on seats match the stitching on doors and dash?
I have cognac with grey and yes the stitching on the dash is also grey.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by methodtim
I have cognac with grey and yes the stitching on the dash is also grey.
I got cognac as well. Haven't seen her yet. Apparently ship to Port May 4. How does the cognac look? I got it because it seemed warmer. Rich? It seems so rare, most interiors I found were black
Old 05-01-2021, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Longbird
I got cognac as well. Haven't seen her yet. Apparently ship to Port May 4. How does the cognac look? I got it because it seemed warmer. Rich? It seems so rare, most interiors I found were black
The cognac is almost a camel brown, so it's lighter than a true brown. I think it looks amazing and much better than any of the black interiors (but I am generally anti-black interior, FWIW). I came from a Nougat brown, which is much closer to your true leather jacket type brown and I think the cognac looks better. It definitely warms up the interior of the car and gives it more of a grand tourer vibe. I also went for the wood trim vs. CF primarily to avoid racerboi interior vibes (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm old).
Old 05-01-2021, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
It won't be that bad
Something like sports catalytic converters exists, and it is often the solution found in sports cars. As a rule, such cats are more expensive. I think Audi could have gone this way. These can even be Urus cats.
Kufatec response to my asking them what exactly they do in a rsq8 installation.@retom you were right. 🤣

I've asked them if being open say at idle or under rs mode results in a louder exhaust noise.. We'll see.
-------

Thank you for your request. We do not have a video or soundfile as recording exhaust systems is very difficult as we experienced this for our soundbooster systems. Using this system allows you to control the flaps - either open, close or put them in "auto"-mode. Once the car is in S-mode, flaps will open but also close while you are driving. Using this system you can permanently open them. We need to have your VIN so we can check if this system is compatible with the car you got.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Cut out the reasonator and it screams like a cannon. Lol. I’ll find that video I took and upload to YouTube and share here.
The following users liked this post:
SQ8westcoast (05-01-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1stRS
Cut out the reasonator and it screams like a cannon. Lol. I’ll find that video I took and upload to YouTube and share here.
Do you got flaps in your exhaust? So I'm wondering if when you pull the resonator you can still have a reasonably quiet mode. The kufatec or RS drive mode apparently actuates the flaps open, so louder exhuast. Flaps near closed = quieter. So I'm hoping it can still be quiet when needed.. ie mom grocery mode.. me sneaking out to get ice cream mode.. you know..

I got the sport exhaust, and from what I can figure.. it is basically stock exhaust with 1 and 3 cut out.. but I've asked sales staff. and until I get it, I won't know. I feel like counting days til it arrives at the dealer, once it does showing up and saying.. show me the car on a lift lol
Old 05-02-2021, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Sound like this:

Quick Reply: Rs q8 to urus exhaust?