Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Rs q8 to urus exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
This one has special Down pipes etc installed. Or are ya saying it's the same thing w the resonators removed lol.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
That’s just maximally obnoxious if you’re trying to use your car for normal things.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stRS
I posted a sound clip a while back. Don’t worry- you will love the sound of RSQ8. The before and after clips on Akrapovic, Milltek and Capristo really make the oem exhaust sound like ****. You’ll love it even more if you do what I did- I cut out the big resonator in the back before the muffler. Now it screams and really has a low grumble at idle. I left the two resonators up front, where the Urus has no resonators. I will cut out those front two at some point. If you do remove any of the resonators, be sure to weld a hanger back in, otherwise you will get some drone/shake and rattle.

The muffler is probably identical. Retom, can you look up the part # for the RSQ8 main muffler? I’m willing to bet they are the same, 4M0253611E is the URUS.

These two Urus does not have.

These are the pipes I welded in.

This is the big resonator from the back.
Hey 1stRS I found the clip of the resonator delete on your profile but the link doesn't work, are you able to post it again? I am eager to hear what the res delete sounds like on the RSQ8 since I may be doing the same for mine when it comes in
The following users liked this post:
1stRS (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not saying this is accurate. But this is what I got from sales staff on my RSQ8 order. So I laughed a bit realizing they charged me 1500 to not put in a resonator lol. Or two? Anyway happy about it. Hope it's true! @Pabla did you order the sports exhaust?

"I just spoke to the parts manager and he told me that the difference between the sport exhaust the regular is the resonator delete. Which you cannot purchase the specific part from Audi Canada as of now, only from factory."
Old 05-05-2021, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Thats what I was thinking too, since that's the case with the SQ8. I currently do have it on my build but we are waiting for the 2022 order guide to come out so I can take it off.

If Audi is charging me $1500 for the resonator removal I will defs hold off and do it myself for a quarter of the price lol.

@Longbird Did you already take delivery of your RSQ8? If so you may be able to look under it and see if the resonator is still there
Old 05-05-2021, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pabla
Thats what I was thinking too, since that's the case with the SQ8. I currently do have it on my build but we are waiting for the 2022 order guide to come out so I can take it off.

If Audi is charging me $1500 for the resonator removal I will defs hold off and do it myself for a quarter of the price lol.

@Longbird Did you already take delivery of your RSQ8? If so you may be able to look under it and see if the resonator is still there
No it's at port but not here yet. Will see soon. For warranty sake man I'm fine paying them. It's silly but anyway, no free lunch.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Longbird
Not saying this is accurate. But this is what I got from sales staff on my RSQ8 order. So I laughed a bit realizing they charged me 1500 to not put in a resonator lol. Or two? Anyway happy about it. Hope it's true! @Pabla did you order the sports exhaust?

"I just spoke to the parts manager and he told me that the difference between the sport exhaust the regular is the resonator delete. Which you cannot purchase the specific part from Audi Canada as of now, only from factory."
It's very interesting. If you look in ETKA, RSQ8 has 3 types of exhaust with 3 different letters: BJ, BK, BL. All 3 seem to have resonators and all 3 are in the same price. For SQ8 there is only 1 exhaust with letters BN.
Let us know how it looks in your car. Perhaps we don't know something.
PS. In new EU Audi configurator you can no longer order sport exhaust in RSQ8 and SQ8. New EU regulations concerned the level of exhaust sound level
Old 05-05-2021, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Longbird

The sport exhaust is packaged with Black Optic so it’s free!
Old 05-05-2021, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by methodtim
The sport exhaust is packaged with Black Optic so it’s free!
Not in Canada.. They get you coming and going here. Everything a la carte almost. Gets dummies like me in the door, who then upsell themselves lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by Longbird:
SQ8westcoast (05-05-2021), vhtran (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Ok, made another Audio recording, posted to soundcloud. Can't get it to save here..

Soundcloud, search DAP56 and RSQ8 exhaust resonator delete - if you can't click below

soundcloud.com/dap56-1/rsq8-exhaust-resonator-delete

Warm Start "Auto" Drive Mode, D Revs
0:32 Auto - "S" Sport Vehicle Off
0:59 RS1 "S" Warm Start
1:10 Revs 1:35 RS1 "D" Revs
1:49 RS1 "S"
2:05 Allroad "D" Revs
2:33 RS1 "S"
4:08 Reverse RS1 "S" Revs

I'll try to get a partner in crime to record some clips while I'm driving by.

Last edited by 1stRS; 05-05-2021 at 01:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Longbird (05-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Rs q8 to urus exhaust?