Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

SQ8 Oil change DIY

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, you do have to remove the oil line. I have tried and there is no way of getting the housing off the filter. **** poor design if I say so. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Philth (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bino
Yes, you do have to remove the oil line. I have tried and there is no way of getting the housing off the filter. **** poor design if I say so. Good luck.
That's what I thought. Do you have the part number for the o-ring, by chance?

Old 06-10-2024, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by b0bc
Ok, I called my dealer as well, they seemed to think i was crazy when I explained the lines but claim to have 2 o-rings set aside. i'm not 100% sure they got the correct ones, but once I get confirmation of the correct i'll share the numbers for those who may need.
Any update on those part numbers for the o-rings?
Old 06-10-2024, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm showing part number WHT-006-537 for the oil inlet line o-rings.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is also the part number my dealer came up with, but they are certainly NOT the right ones. Here is a picture of that (black) over the correct one, you can see the size is way smaller on the orange ring. I've still yet to get an answer from my dealer, I think they gave up on me.

Old 06-17-2024, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by b0bc
That is also the part number my dealer came up with, but they are certainly NOT the right ones. Here is a picture of that (black) over the correct one, you can see the size is way smaller on the orange ring. I've still yet to get an answer from my dealer, I think they gave up on me.

well great. Lol. I bent the passenger side one out of the way enough to squeeze the housing top out. Seems like what the techs do as well.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Philth
well great. Lol. I bent the passenger side one out of the way enough to squeeze the housing top out. Seems like what the techs do as well.
How? I put so much pressure on both lines to spread them apart that I was for sure something was going to break. Well, if you were able to do it, then it's possible. I was not brave enough to put more pressure than I already put on those lines.

Ill just keep removing the line like I have.

Also do you have a picture of the oil line once you moved it out of the way. I want to see how far you had to go.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bino
How? I put so much pressure on both lines to spread them apart that I was for sure something was going to break. Well, if you were able to do it, then it's possible. I was not brave enough to put more pressure than I already put on those lines.

Ill just keep removing the line like I have.

Also do you have a picture of the oil line once you moved it out of the way. I want to see how far you had to go.
yep here you go. Also, are you replacing the o-ring every time you disconnect

Old 06-21-2024, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Philth
yep here you go. Also, are you replacing the o-ring every time you disconnect

Yes I am. I have only change it once at 1K when I did the oil change. Now I'm around 3.5k so when I get to 5K I'll try forcing the lines further apart and see.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

it wouldn't take any fancy engineering degree to figure out that the new oil lines should have been designed to allow easy access to one of the most frequently serviced items on the motor.

Quick Reply: SQ8 Oil change DIY