Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Tangible Difference between RSQ8 & SQ8

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tangible Difference between RSQ8 & SQ8

In the next week or two I'm going to be putting in an order for either - I'm going to make sure they both have the options I want like driver assist, etc. If I spec both out comparably, what is the material difference between the two, aside from power & styling? Anything? I'm having a hard time figuring that looking at both side by side in the configurator.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Engine HP (91 hp difference), options packaged differently. The 3 levels of trim are not available in the RSQ8...it's pretty much Prestige (minus because some items are moved to Packaged options) and about $15,000 uplift on the RSQ8, not to mention various "Market Adjustments". I've not priced either locally so I don't know if the 4 dealers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area are adding pack over Sticker Price.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dlcole
Engine HP (91 hp difference), options packaged differently. The 3 levels of trim are not available in the RSQ8...it's pretty much Prestige (minus because some items are moved to Packaged options) and about $15,000 uplift on the RSQ8, not to mention various "Market Adjustments". I've not priced either locally so I don't know if the 4 dealers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area are adding pack over Sticker Price.
I would really like to think with the current climate they will not do market adjustments. I'm going to talk to my sales rep today and I'll let you know if they try that for a custom order.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

the dealerships I talked to in the DC area were looking to do market adjustments on SQ8 with S Sport packages only. The most I got was, one like mine (MSRP $110k) asking $128k
Old 07-06-2020, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Alright, spoke with my dealer, they'd do MSRP for a custom order, they just aren't sure when the order would come.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just received my rsq8 last week, so I can’t speak of all the differences but I will tell you what I really like about it.

1. The rs seats are amazing. You can customize them to your hearts content and they can hug you so you don’t move while driving. Pretty awesome.

2. Next thing I love is the RS mode button on the steering wheel. I couldn’t imagine going through settings on the dash LCD screen to make adjustments. I have mine set and just toggle through rs1 or rs2 to find what I want.

3. The special screens you get access too by having the rsq8 on the virtual cockpit and on the heads up display. Once you hit the rs mode button it changes your virtual cockpit to a pretty cool screen.

4. I love the front grill better than the sq8.

5. The extra 91 hp doesn’t sound like much but it gains you over 3/4 of a second from 0-60. And if you don’t think that is much check out a video on YouTube that shows you what the difference of 1 second looks like. Sq8 around 4.4 seconds and the rsq8 has been clocked at 3.6 in several videos. I can say it’s really fricking fast. Almost urus fast.

im sure I’m forgetting a lot of stuff but the car is amazing. Is it worth the extra cost only you can decide. For me it was. The other factor is how much will you regret Not having the rsq8 whenever you see one. I actually ordered the sq7 to be the practical dad. My wife said no way do I want to hear about this other faster car That you wished you had bought. Case closed.
The following 4 users liked this post by koshkodvm:
bradycline (07-07-2020), Chris Mieloch (08-12-2020), OSUMD (08-31-2020), Squanto804 (07-11-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Forgot number 6. The rims are amazing also. I thought the 23’s would be too big but the overall car is huge and they actually fit the profile very well.

only downside so far is the lack of winter/all season tires. That should be rectified in the next couple of months.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koshkodvm
I just received my rsq8 last week, so I can’t speak of all the differences but I will tell you what I really like about it.

1. The rs seats are amazing. You can customize them to your hearts content and they can hug you so you don’t move while driving. Pretty awesome.

2. Next thing I love is the RS mode button on the steering wheel. I couldn’t imagine going through settings on the dash LCD screen to make adjustments. I have mine set and just toggle through rs1 or rs2 to find what I want.

3. The special screens you get access too by having the rsq8 on the virtual cockpit and on the heads up display. Once you hit the rs mode button it changes your virtual cockpit to a pretty cool screen.

4. I love the front grill better than the sq8.

5. The extra 91 hp doesn’t sound like much but it gains you over 3/4 of a second from 0-60. And if you don’t think that is much check out a video on YouTube that shows you what the difference of 1 second looks like. Sq8 around 4.4 seconds and the rsq8 has been clocked at 3.6 in several videos. I can say it’s really fricking fast. Almost urus fast.

im sure I’m forgetting a lot of stuff but the car is amazing. Is it worth the extra cost only you can decide. For me it was. The other factor is how much will you regret Not having the rsq8 whenever you see one. I actually ordered the sq7 to be the practical dad. My wife said no way do I want to hear about this other faster car That you wished you had bought. Case closed.
Hi. I do have rsq8 too. Please tell me, how you find driving position? Do you seat low?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

So i was in the same dilemma as you when it came to ordering an sq8 or rsq8 I ultimately chose to order an rsq8 and wait a little while until i can put in an Audi Exclusive order. I've owned a few S model cars and they're good cars, but after upgrading from my S7 to an RS7 I truly realized how special RS cars are. On paper the Sq8 and RSQ8 arent that much different 91hp, a few tenths quicker 0-60, interior is basically the same minus the seats. That was the same case for the S7/RS7 but man they are two different beasts. The S7 just felt like an A7 with a larger motor (basically what it was), while the RS7 felt like a whole new car and was much much more capable than the S7 was. Especially with RS cars the exterior gets changed quite a bit making it stand out from the other cars in the line up. If I were you I would opt for the RSQ8, you'll get your money's worth.