Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

Advice for buying R8 not near a "r/rs" dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for buying R8 not near a "r/rs" dealer

Hi all,

i am seriously thinking of making a jump to an R8 from an S4. Actually, I am considering selling/trading it,and selling my 04 SVT Cobra, to move up.

However, i am in a region in the country where i believe the closest dealer that currently works on the R8's is in Chicago (i am in Des Moines IA-330 miles). If I were to buy a CPO R8, or just even one still under warranty, is Audi/AoA obligated to accomodate me at my nearest dealer? Would they send a qualified technician here? Would they arrange for pu/del of my car to/from Chicago? Or am I SOL in this situation?

I wuold hate to think that this would be a major obstacle in me acquiring one.

Advice? Thoughts? Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default AOA

You should call AOA and or the dealer you wish to due the service for your answers. I wouldn't rely on anyone on a message board.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by IAS5
Hi all,

i am seriously thinking of making a jump to an R8 from an S4. Actually, I am considering selling/trading it,and selling my 04 SVT Cobra, to move up.

However, i am in a region in the country where i believe the closest dealer that currently works on the R8's is in Chicago (i am in Des Moines IA-330 miles). If I were to buy a CPO R8, or just even one still under warranty, is Audi/AoA obligated to accomodate me at my nearest dealer? Would they send a qualified technician here? Would they arrange for pu/del of my car to/from Chicago? Or am I SOL in this situation?

I wuold hate to think that this would be a major obstacle in me acquiring one.

Advice? Thoughts? Thanks,

Steve

first off- i have an R8. for two years now. before you ask- no use getting a survey of R8 owners and frequency of warranty problmes as the sample you may interview may be unrepresentative of reality across R8 ownership lines. in general the R8 as a model has had no major issues except some teething issues with the first batch of r-tronics- that have since been fixed. you may hear of a horror story here and there but that applies to any car- from an A4 to a BMW 750i to a benz S550. in general i really would not worry. you might have some minor issues, but nothing that would keep you from enjoying your car as it is intended. keep in mind that if you plan on modding it in any way or tracking it regularly you might have more problems depending on wear and tear.

re- your question- you would have to drive it to an R8 certified dealer. period. no way of getting around that.

i will admit i am a moderator at www.rs6.com, but AW is dead. i'd recommend another website for you to join to see more lively and forthcoming audi and R8 related information. i happen to check this place out once a month just out of curiosity.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks for the info.. and the tip!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default R8 Service

You can use Audi's Dealer search engine to find authorized R8 sales & service locations. Be sure to check "Only show R8 dealers."

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...ner=layerModal

For volumes of info on the R8, join www.r8talk.com. It is the definitive site for all things R8.