Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

i'd love to hear from those of you ordering.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'd love to hear from those of you ordering.....

regarding what info your dealer and/or audi has provided you thus far. too many conflicting reports. and this is the single most important issue at hand. i'd like to start a thread on this.

i've been told that the dealership participation deadline has been extended to mid month and that requirements have been reduced.

i've also heard dealers are to get order guides sans prices very late this month/early next. dealers have access to option packages by now.

i have not placed an order per se but i have been told to expect to spec my car this month. i take this with a grain of salt for some reason. orders to go in sometime in march. each one to place in a queue. first 150 or so to arrive in sept/oct.... the others to arrive on a rolling basis thereafter (a bit of good news since if you are not one of the first you will be able to get your car a few months later- dec, jan, etc... depending upon how far back you are in line).

to help some of you out. if your dealer doesn't have any of this info..... it is not a good sign. too many misleading dealers out there. don't let yourselves be strung along.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 AM

Default I'm having an issue with the dealer wanting $5k in cash for a deposit...

Sure it's refundable, but I'm not sure they can promise what they say... I mean, let's say they can't get the car when they promise, they've already had your $5K for over 8 months, and they'll know you've waited that long you're not gonna pull out then... makes me wonder...
Old 02-08-2007, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I'm having an issue with the dealer wanting $5k in cash for a deposit...

it is a high amount. just make sure it is refundable. and do what you can to see if the dealer really will carry the car.

place it in order to get in line. you can always get it back later.

what audi should be doing is assisting genuine buyers with placing an order at a dealer that has been promised at least some cars. instead we are all just kind of left alone wondering what is going on with the particular dealer we are placing our faith on.

putting down too many deposit is also bad b/c audi is tracking them by name. audi- are you reading this?

what gets me down are the people that want to buy the car only to turn around and sell it 2-3 months later to make some bucks. to some of us, this car means something.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

Default My rumors...

I've heard that the dealers that are going to sign up and now fairly known. I've heard there is a meeting for those dealers this month where the allocations will be revealed. Beyond that, it's all guessing I think. -Pete
Old 02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i wonder if anyone around here was lucky enough to get the free trip to vegas

in 2 weeks to drive the car. i know i wasn't.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor

Default In the USA they crap on the customers...

whereas in the UK you get hardbound books, invites to drives, etc (UK did this with RS 4 and R8). Sorry for the rant but it's true. -Pete
Old 02-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor

Default I would put some specific language on the agreement that *they*...

have to sign. Timeframes, color choices, etc. If they meet them you are in. If they don't, you can step out. I did that with RS 4. -Pete
Old 02-08-2007, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

are you in the UK?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor

Default No, Milltek is. I was there when...

he was given a hardback book along with a personalized letter thanking him for his order in writing. He DID have to give them $10K pounds deposit.

I remember US RS 6 customers getting keychains and a leather folio book. I remember getting zip with my RS 4 purchase. No calls, nothing. -Pete
Old 02-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Default US R8 info

I work at a dealer in the US and will be our dealers Certified R8 guy. The GM's were in Vegas this past weekend to see/drive the R8. We get our offical Audi training/ride and drive the first week of April and we are supose to get orderguides this month but I am told pricing will come later.

Quick Reply: i'd love to hear from those of you ordering.....