Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'00 A4 system upgrade - NOT BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 A4 system upgrade - NOT BOSE

The deal is I want to have some good sounds in my 2000 A4. The car is sweet with aftermarket mods to engine and body but it came with the symphony stock set up.

I looked into buying a new deck for the car but they dont make a kit and harness to install that. I am wondering if the stock speakers will hold power from an amp and if I put in a woofer, will the stock HU let me adjust the frequencies and sound levels to all the speakers?

I checked with a custom shop in LA and they said all I would need is a equalizer in my glove box or something.

How should I go about it all?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Buy a new deck, Alpine CDA-9812rr, there is a harness

The power & front speakers are on standard ISO connectors. You don't need an adapter if you replace the rear speakers, but there is an Autoleads adapter if you want to keep the feeble rears & amp (bolted to the left rear speaker).
The rears run off the rear line out from the stock HU, and this is on part of a mini ISO connector. The wiring is really mickey mouse, so I would strongly recommend you don't use it.
If you keep the stock HU, you'll have no control over the sub, and will only be able to fade front to back, with the sub running off the rear line outs.
With a new HU you can by pass all the Audi crap and get some really good sounds out of the car. The Alpine unit has 60w x 4 so you could run all the cabin speakers off the HU initially. It has 3 sets of pre-outs, front, back & sub, plus all the EQ built in. I wouldn't recommend a separate EQ on the stock system. You'll have loads of problems with engine whine as the wiring is so poor.
Replace all the cabin speakers if you can, there are plenty of custom fit units readily available.
A sub is a must if you want to get any sort of bass out of the system, and you can go with a standard box, or a stealth box which takes up very little space in the trunk.
Have a look at www.caraudiodirect.co.uk for some ideas, they do everything you need. But if you are in the US you must have something similar. Also check out http://www.autoacoustics.com/sbo-aa4.htm for their A4 stealth sub enclosures.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: '00 A4 system upgrade - NOT BOSE

What's ur budget?