Sponsored by:

A3 8V apple carplay update Ali Express

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 8V apple carplay update Ali Express

Hi friends.

I bought a kit to upgrade Apple carplay/ android auto for my 2013 8V a3 with 7 inch screen Navigation Package. There is minimum instruction but item looks reasonable quality. I test-fitted it before permanent install, it works everything but no audio (only on carplay/android auto side, sound as normal on MMI/ bluetooth/ radio etc). When I watched on youtube with similar product, I noticed it needs EXTERNAL AUDIO PLAYER to be selected in Media source menu. But mine (MMI) does not have it in the source list. And also mine looks a bit different on MMI menu from youtube. Ali express seller is useless at best for customer support.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-29-2022, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys and girls . I am trying to rephrase my question . Please. I really need help. Got no one else.

Hi friends. My a3 2013 8v has factory AMI which I never use. In the media source menu ami is one in the list. But EXTERNAL PLAYER INPUT is not there. I believe AMI replace that aux input as factory program. I've seen that EXTERNAL PLAYER INPUT in other cars that does not have AMI on you tube videos. Is there any way to change with obdeleven or something to make it to have that EXTERNAL PLAYER INPUT? I am not looking for physical aux connection. Just need to see in the list and need to select it. I am retrofitting carplay kit, it works everything but no sound. Instruction says need to select that EXTERNAL PLAYER INPUT in the source list.

Thanks