Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Avant speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 Avant speakers

I've tried searching and maybe I've missed it, but can anyone tell me the speaker configuration in a 2001 A6 Avant? I don't have the Bose package. What I do have is the Symphony with the factory sub in the back. It looks like what I have for speakers are 4 tweeters (one in each door?), 4 mids (again, one in each door?) and the sub in the back. Is this correct? I'm looking to upgrade the system for better sound quality. I've already added the Grom bluetooth adapter with USB input and that works great. I probably won't change the head unit because I like the look of the red on the dash and I really don't have a use for DVD's in the car and if I need GPS, I can use my phone. I will probably buy the wiring harness adapter that will split the signal from the factory head unit so that I can add two amps, one for the door speakers and one for a sub that I would like to install in the spare tire well. If anyone can give me some good recommendations for speakers that would be great. Also, if you've seen a sub install in the spare tire well of an Avant, shoot me the link so I can take a look. Thanks.