Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adding an amp to a Symphony non-Bose head unit, please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding an amp to a Symphony non-Bose head unit, please help

I posted this on the A4 form with no luck so far, and realized it would be better suited for this form.

I have done some searching and have a question or two about upgrading my stock stereo. I have the non-Bose Symphony head unit and would like to keep the head unit and add an amp or two and upgrade the speakers and install a sub.

My primary confusion pertains to connecting the amp(s) to the Symphony head unit. As I understand it the head unit has 2 line-outs on the back but they don't simply plug into RCA's, correct? If that is the case - then is the correct adaptor to plug RCA's to the head unit the Blaupunkt F00E500014 as seen at: http://www.continentalimports.com/acc_cable_out.html
If this is the correct adaptor, what if any modifications need to be done to allow the connection using the adaptor? Also, the blue wire, is this the remote turn-on lead?
As you can tell, I have not removed my head unit yet and would like to aquire everything I will need prior to starting my install.
Thanks in advance for any and all insight to make this upgrade as easy as possible.
Old 03-07-2001, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: adding an amp to a Symphony non-Bose head unit, please help

it would be easiar to take the wire from your rear speakers and use that as an input into your amp instead of screwing with the head unit.