Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Bass Link Infinity to A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Bass Link Infinity to A6

First post... so be kind. I've done some searching on this forum and haven't found the info I'm searching for yet.

I'm thinking of adding some aftermarket audio equipment to my A6. I'd like to retain the stock head unit and cd changer. My question is does the Concert radio have line outs that can be used with a Sub like the Bass Link from Infinity?
Also what are the factory door speakers cutout size? 5 1/4 or 6 1/2? I'm sure it's a 5 1/4, but I don't want to pull the door panels to find out. I'm looking at adding Infinity separates as well and a external 4 channel amp.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't know if it's the same, but Bill in SoCal had one in his A4.

He usually posts in OT, so you might want to look for him there.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Here is what I did to my A6...

You can retain the stock head unit. You will need the four keys (you can buy them online from a parts dealer or you can just use four metal fingernail files) to pull the deck out and then get the Blaupunkt adapter (just do a search in this forum) and it will plug into the back of your deck and give you RCA output and a remote lead. I was not sure if the factory speakers will hold a 6 1/2" so I bought 5 1/4" and used a plastic adapter and they work fine. I have been told the MB Quart 6 1/2's will fit but I am not sure if that holds true for other brands like Infinity. I wanted to stay on the safe side and went smaller size. To access the front speaker just remove the two small screws on the top of the door panel (on each end) and pry open the window controller plate (unhook the wiring to it) and then pull the door straight up (very easy).

As for the basslink. Save your money. Get a regular sub and an amp. I bought one and was majorly dissapointed. They are fine in a TT or something smaller but I could barely hear it in my A6. Also, you will sacrifice sound quality. Just get one Infinity Perfect Dual Voice Coil 10 and a set of Kappa (or Perfect) components if you have an affinty for Infinity. Personally, I don't care for rear fill but if you must than also replace the rear speakers. Hope this helps. I just did a full install with all MB Quart (components and sub)with Alpine amps and very pleased with the results. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Here is what I did to my A6...

hey man does your system have a decent bass sound without the sub and using just your upgraded speakers? i am not crazy about doing a sub at the moment i just want a vw monsoon sound but better? hopefully i am making sense here thanks for your help