Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After market Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market Radio

I have a cd player that I want to install into my 95A6. I have the bose system, and I don't know where to start with the wiring. I have a wire harness for a VW/Audi. The radio will power up fine, but I can't get any sound. The top harness on the factory system has more wires than the harness I have. I have everything I need I think. I have a 4ch amp, door speakers, rear speakers{6x9}, and amp kit. Does anybody know the solution to my problem, or the schematics that can guide me through the process. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:46 AM

Default did you hook your amp up?

you should have a remote wire from your HU to the amp to tell it to turn on for one, also you need to have power and ground for the amp. there also needs to be fuses in the fuse holders that should be on your power wire. and did you run a line out from your HU to your amp? you need to send the audio signal from the HU to your amps to reproduce the sound. Any other questions?
Old 12-09-2002, 10:29 AM

Default Re: did you hook your amp up?

I ran the remote wire[blue/wht] to the the harness I have and pluged that into the factory harness. I still got no sound. So I want to bypass the bose amps and and hook up my 4ch, but I don't know how to go about doing that. I was told that a after market HU could run the factory bose, but I know now it can't. Which wires do I connect the amp speaker wires to on the factory harness? The top harness[red] seems to control the the bose amps and power to the speakers.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:06 AM

Default Now I am confused?

Are you installing new speakers, amp, head unit or what? If you are doing all of them it is easier since Audi makes it imposable to use their bose equipment with aftermarket stuff. What you need to do is first run the speaker wire from your amp to your speakers in the door, don't use exsisting wire since their is an amp on those wires. Next you need to make sure you have a good pwr and grd for your amp. Now you double check the remote is is the right place. And what you now need is the line out from your head unit to your amp. there are different ways to do this but the easiest way is to run a set of rca's from your front outputs on your head unit to your rca inputs on your amp. Then you may need to get a couple of Y adapters to plug that into the front and rear channels on the amp. Once that is all done you should have a working system. For future reference please tell me what you are doing as far as equiment, amps, speakers, subs what? Hope this will help you. Note: i just did this for my A4 and it took me about 10 hours, with many food breaks, to get everything done and I know what i am doing it takes a long time to get everything done don't rush it since it will take a long time no matter what.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Now I am confused?

Thanks I'm sorry for lack of info. This should help me out. I should have just ran the wires that way in the first place but listening to people telling me I could use the exsisting wire, just by pass the amps. I will give a result message when I get it done this week. Thanks again mannin32.