Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

amplifier installation on a original Bose head unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amplifier installation on a original Bose head unit

(sorry for my english i am from montreal and i am french)

i went to future shop today to make install my new amplifier ( Rockford fosgate 3001 ) With two 12 inch subs (P2) all wired with 4 Gage Quality cables ( stinger )

Now i did not want to change my head unit ( Orginal Cd player with Audi Symphony BOSE )

So he had to take the signal for My amplifier from the mini subwoofer in my trunk..

the problem is that when the car is started at normal iddle there is a DEEP BASS Noise from my subs.. if i shut off the head unit its worse...

the installation guy did not know what to do. so he told me to wait for his call the time he find something out to fix the problem.

now.. i am posting here .. asking you guys the question... there must be someone here had the same problem?

where do you guys take the signal for the amplifier if you keep the original head unit??

any help will be appreaciated
Old 02-26-2006, 08:47 AM

Default Re: amplifier installation on a original Bose head unit

well when i had my 98 Jeep that had a Bose amp in it ( stock ) i went to best buy and baught a adapter that would connect to the back of the stock head unit, so you can connect the RCA cables to and other wires would connect right into ur head unit. Had no problem with it,
but i will be doing the same thing with my audi when i get my 15" MTX's hooked up.
hope that helps
- Nick
Old 02-26-2006, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I suspect the thump you are referring to is from your amplifier.

You really need an amplifier that has a soft on/off feature. Also, you should check where the remote amp on/off wire is connected. The h/u provides support for this.

I have no thump from my Alpine amp, there is a 2-3 second delay after I switch the h/u on before my speakers kick in. Suits me fine...
Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes it's normal, the only way to avoid it is to delay the sub amp by putting a delay relay on the

remote on feed.
Audi HU's & amps use a wierd setup for cancelling any noise when the HU is doing something electrically noisy and any aftermarket amp will thump or pop when you turn it on & off. The other way to get round it is to use a hi/lo converter on the rear speaker outputs but I just hate those things although for a sub they'd be OK.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you ever find out what was the problem becuase best buy just did a amp install in my 1999 audi a4 to my factory headunit and it has the same problem and I took it back to them and they said nothing was wrong with it.
please help me