Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone hook up a NEO MP3 player?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hook up a NEO MP3 player?

I really want a NEO MP3 player. I already have the factoy CD changer with my Delta head unit. There has to be a way to make an A/B switch to choose between the Neo and the CD changer as the input.

Anyone done this yet? I don't wan't to use an FM modulator for the NEO, but will as a last resort.
Old 08-06-2001, 09:09 PM

Default PhatNoise has a better deal! Check it out.

It's called the PhatBox! It's going to be compatable with Audi OEM in October, but if you change the head unit to a rad Kenwood/Excelon you'll use it today. It's 5 to 30 gig! It seemed cheaper than the NEO, and way easier to install. Going to be optional in Ford Explorers pretty cheap next year. Ford is anticipating the need to make the Explorer more appealing.
Old 08-07-2001, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Anyone hook up a NEO MP3 player?

I have a Neo 35 instaleld in my A4. There is a good way to install it in the A4 also. Blitzsafe makes an adapter to plug into the cd-changer, however I guess you need y-adapter some how. The tape adapater way isn't bad, which is what im doing. It sounds good. PhatNoise is gonna be way more expensive then the Neo.
Old 08-07-2001, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default PhatNoise doesn't asnwer their phone, e-mail or return messages

I've been trying to contact them for the past 2 weeks since "Squakt22" told me about them in an earlier post. They NEVER pick up the phone (at any time during the business day), they don't return e-mails (sent 2 so far) and they haven't even returned my phone message (1 left to inquire if they had received my other forms of communication). It leads me to believe that they are either on a long vacation or they are going out of business. Don't get me wrong, the product they have created looks "Phat" and I would love to put one in my car since I have a Kenwood HU, but if I can't even get responses to my inquiries, then how will they support the product after I buy it? FWIW . . .<ul><li><a href="http://www.phatnoise.com">http://www.phatnoise.com</a</li></ul>
Old 08-07-2001, 07:15 AM

Default PhatNoise is $599 right now... Haven't gone to the market in full force but...

I think they'll be fully staffed when they go into full release in October.... I heard that they've finished beta testing in S. California. They have to get together a full line of adapters and such... They'll answer their phones and such then.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:19 AM

Default Couldn't be going out of business, they're partnered with Visteon...

Just getting a fresh business concept together, ready to roll it out - ever car audio mag is drolling for it........
Old 08-07-2001, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Okay, but . . .

It looks like our "UCLA grads" need to do a little more customer service & go back & look at their notes from marketing/P.R. class & such. That's just my opinion & observation. Granted, October isn't that far away, but you need to have SOMEONE there to field calls, questions & concerns about the products to keep potential consumers involved & interested. But to call, write & leave msgs and get no response is not good business practice . . . I feel like I'm writing to Vortrag Motorsports (who recently went out of business).

Communication is key in all aspects of our lives, especially in business.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:42 AM

Default I have both Changer and Neo 35 MP3 Hard drive in Mine, Works Great!!!

I have not yet gotten around to installing the RCA switch box to chose between the 2 sets of inputs. just running the Neo at the moment into the back of the head unit. system Works great and the updates they have done to the equipment ( lighted remote buttons, etc) should help alot.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

James
Old 08-07-2001, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Better deal?

I am very much looking for a solution for my S4. I would like to dump the CD changer and get an MP3 "changer" myself, so I've been researching...

A USB cradle? You gotta be kidding. I am a Mac person so I have USB native about as good as it gets, but did you consider how slow USB is for this purpose? 30GB thru USB, gotta be kidding. Besides, they don't have the 30GB solution yet...

Neo 35 is of course not for me either witha PC docking station =)

What do you mean with "OEM compatible", anyway? Sounds cool, but where is the info from, and what does it mean? How would the stock head unit allow me to navigate thru the MP3 library?
Old 08-07-2001, 06:09 PM

Default Actually I have seen ppics of the PhatNoise system in a TT roadster

And I must say I am intriugued...especially if I can keep the factory CD changer as well as the PhatNoise set up...
Marcus

Quick Reply: Anyone hook up a NEO MP3 player?