Sponsored by:

APK menus all missing from green menu

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APK menus all missing from green menu

Hi all,

Just joined the forums and this is my first post. Hopefully it's in the right place, if not please let me know where it belongs. Thanks.

Long story short, I have a mate with a 2007 A6 Allroad. 2G High MMI with AMI and Bose sound system. We've been trying to enable AUX input via the AMI and to that end have both the AMI to 3.5mm cable as well as a bluetooth adaptor.

As AUX input does not show in the Media Source menu, we entered the Green menu to activate it. According to everything we have found online, it should live under the "DIAG SETTINGS -> APK0x01" Menu. However, after entering the DIAG settings, there are no APK menus listed there at all. After poking around for a while, we were able to find another menu (I don't have the car and cannot remember the name sorry) that seemed to list many of the same options (auxilary heating, No V Threshold CAR etc) but did NOT contain the AUX input option.

I did remember to take a picture of the version screen if that is of any help. We live in New Zealand and I suspect run the EU version of the firmware:

I suppose what I am asking is, is there any reason the APK menus would be ommitted and some of their sub-options recategorized?

Also, according to this post from mr-fix the AUX input option can also be switched by reconfiguring "Module 07 adaptation, channel 11, +256". We have access to VCDS if anyone would be able to elaborate on what that adaptation reconfiguration means?

Many thanks for the time!