Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi informs user status reset but was NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi informs user status reset but was NOT!

My 2029 S5 Cabriolet has been perking along just fine approaching 2 years now. Not a single issue or problem with the car. When my 6 mo trial expired, I renewed my Audi Connect Prime for 6 months and then, at 6 months I renewed for 18. So my Connect Prime subscription is still well over 6 mo from expiring. And all Audi Connect functions IN THE CAR are working fine, and if I go into the Connect menus in MMI, I see that I am still registered as the Key User.

However, this afternoon, I received an email from Audi saying:
"You have been reset as the key user in your vehicle Audi S5 Cabriolet Prestige TFSIŽ.

Please note that you and, if applicable, also the users created by you, no longer have access to the Audi connect services. If you have created additional users for the vehicle, these will also be informed by email.

If you want to remain the key user for your vehicle, please enter the vehicle code in your vehicle again. This code can be found in the plastic fob on one of the vehicle keys which you received together with the vehicle."

Also, my myAudi iPhone App says essentially the same thing, and is NOT communicating with the car (data all blank), even though our OTHER AUDI is connected and reporting fine.

Now the problem with this is I did NOT RESET ANYTHING. In fact, hadn't driven the car since yesterday when the mail appeared. And clearly the email is not correct because as far as the real time indications IN THE CAR from the MMI, nothing is reset or disconnected at all and my Key User status is still good. But the App can't detect it. And there is no way I can "enter the vehicle code" because the MMI has to be in setup mode to enter the code, meaning I would have to DELETE MYSELF as Key User and start over.

In other words, there seems to be some kind of BIG PROBLEM with Audi's online services which has cause the App to "think" that I have reset my user status in the car when I actually haven't. Also, to make matters worse, I am UNABLE TO LOG INTO myAudi online!!
When I try, I repeatedly get a page that says "Whoops! Something happened. We are unable to detect your session. Please try again." I've occasionally had that problem with myAudi online, but never repeatedly for a hour, causing me to never be able to log-in!! BTW, for those who've never experienced this on myAudi, it is NOT an incorrect log-in message but some kind of message about "cookies." I have deleted ALL my browser history and restarted my browser repeatedly, but no help!!

So, I'm wondering if Audi Online is having some kind of "outage" or "issue" that is causing this screw-up?? Of course, it's the weekend, so I can't call support!! Personally, I think Audi should either get their online tech up to 2021 standards or just get out of the computer business and go back to analog cars!!