Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avant Sub installed...Anybody need a free B6/B7 tupperware subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avant Sub installed...Anybody need a free B6/B7 tupperware subwoofer?

I finally finished my stealth sub/amp install in my B7 Avant and no longer need the terrible non-bose tupperware subwoofer that came with the car. Its yours for the cost of shipping if you want it, otherwise it will probably sit in the landfill forever.

In case anybody is thinking about doing a sub/amp upgrade in their B6/B7 Avant, do it. Seriously. Hardest part was trying to figure out how to remove the L and R cargo area liners, which, as it turns out is not hard at all (you don't need to remove the rear seats backs/side bolsters as some have suggested). Just run power, tap the speaker-level subwoofer outputs and remote from the rear amp, get line-level converter (or use an amp with speaker-level inputs), build box, turn up volume and you are pretty much done.
I copied MacSub's plans for a perfect MDF sub box (https://forums.audiworld.com/audio/msgs/48453.phtml) but used an 8" instead of the JL 6" he used.