Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Background Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Background Noise

I am getting a lot of background noise from my sub speakers and no bass. I had to use a connector to the speaker system to power the subs. Could it be the my amp doesn't have enough wattage to get just bass or is it from having to connect to the factory speakers. Or maybe something else? Please help.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default huh?

do you have an aftermarket amp or sub? or is this all stock?

from what it seems you just connect some wires to an aftermarket sub which means you're not going to get any sort of good sound.

i cant tell though so please do elaborate on what you did.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: huh?

It is an aftermarket sub and amp. The guy at SoundTrack told me the only way that I could connect my amp was if I spliced into my existing speaker wires and took the power from that since there aren't any RCA cables in the back of the stock deck. So the converter is spliced onto my existing speaker wires and now has RCA's to attach the sub. However, I am getting all of the speaking and words from my sub speakers just like there were regular speakers and no bass. The guy said that unless I was going to buy an aftermarket CD player, this was the only way that I was going to be able to run my subs and amp. So again, I am getting all of the singing and speaker noise but no bass. My regular bose sub hits harder than my 2 10's. Go figure.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

You need a cross-over, currently your amp is running all ouput to your sub.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default actually it sounds like something isnt wired right.

if you had wired everything right you should be getting sounds from your speakers and your sub should be playing full range. your amp should have a low pass filter that needs to be set to about 80-85 hz. this will block out all the highs and only send the bass signal to the sub to play. if your amp does not have a low pass filter you can buy an external crossover but it may be easier to just buy a better amp.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Figured out the Problem

I took it to the local best buy and had the audio guy check the wiring and stuff. Come to find out that the Low pass filter **** works in opposite directions. In fact all of the ***** on the amp work in opposite direction. So turing the filter down actually made it go up and vice versa. I guess its time to start looking for a new amp. The guy said he had never seen that before and the wiring is probably messed up within the amp.