Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaupunkt install questions & more (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaupunkt install questions & more (long)

I am planning to do an audio upgrade on my car (non-bose, symphony I HU) and keep the stock look. Putting in new fronts and a sub (not sure if im gonna keep the rears on w/ factory amp or not.

Ok...so I went out and bought a Blaupunkt adapter. I have been reading up on it here and other places so that I will be prepared when it comes. I was under the impression that it just plugs in somewhere, but I keep reading about people that just take out the pins and put it in the factory pin harness.

Is it necessary...
Are any special tools required for this?

Also what part of the adapter will I need so i can connect my speakers/ sub?...I figured that I would need the front RCAs and the remote, but I was not sure that just hooking up the sub RCAs to the rear pre-outs would work.

Through my research I also was informed that I
would need to ground pin 1 of the harness...so i could put the radio into "Bose" flat-output mode. Any easy way to do this or would I need to buy some pins and run a wire to the grounding point on the HU.

I also decided that while I was doing this install, I was going to put in a AUX in adapter so i could plug in my MP3 player.(non-ipod (sry)). Blitzsafe has continually presented itself as the easiest option (and cheap) on both this forum as well as numerous sites.

Ok...so now that I am planning on installing the
Blaupunkt adapter and most likely the Blitzsafe...I came across yet another unique install problem/solution I had been unaware of before.

Has anyone heard of this or done it?...it looks like such a great idea...just not sure if it will work for my aplication?

A picture can be found here<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/audio/msgs/39967.phtml">Picture...clicky</a></li></ul>
Old 05-18-2006, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The adapter just plugs into the back of the HU. The only reason to butcher it is

if you have a CD changer and the wiring loom is a single black plug rather than the blue/green/yellow plug which allows you to slide the pre-out section out and the Blaupunkt adapter in.
Yes you can run the sub amp off the rear pre-outs, but you'll lose the rear speakers as they have their own amp running off the same pre-outs.
TBH it's much easier just to pick up the feed for the sub amp from the rear amp and not bother with the adapter. You can also pick up the remote on here as well.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you pick up feed for sub from rear amp can you still keep rears on?