Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Calls

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Calls

I have a 2018 A5 and I dont care for Apple Car Play so I connect my phone trough the bluetooth feature which is great for handsfree when I'm in the car by myself..

I notice when I take a call and I switch from the car to say my headset or phone, the radio in the car still pauses or is silent until I end my call (obviously because the Bluetooth is still connected even though I'm using a different device)...

Is there a way around that? So that I can hear the radio and still use my phone without having to disconnect the bluetooth?

Its frustrating for my passengers to have to sit and wait until the call ends or for me to go into my phone settings and disconnect it.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

Not to my knowledge. The issue is with the iPhone itself. If you route the audio to some other device, it doesn't release the Bluetooth connection. It just essentially mutes it. The MMI still thinks the call is active. I guess part of the reason they do this is so that you still see the active call on the handsfree device that originally accepted it, even though the audio is temporarily getting routed to the another device.