Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bose head unit problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bose head unit problems

I have a 1999.5 avant having a problem with the head unit keeps blowning the 5amp fuse in the back of unit had audi look at the problem they came back and said that that main amp was bad so i sent it out to FCSR in FL,they called me that the amp was fine. Does anyone have any ideal what may be going on also i got a new h/u in and the problem is still there.Can anybody help?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by megal911sc
I have a 1999.5 avant having a problem with the head unit keeps blowning the 5amp fuse in the back of unit had audi look at the problem they came back and said that that main amp was bad so i sent it out to FCSR in FL,they called me that the amp was fine. Does anyone have any ideal what may be going on also i got a new h/u in and the problem is still there.Can anybody help?
Trace out the wirirng it has to have a short some where in the wiring. a thought it may help but it is kind of tricky. Ok take the battery terminals off the battery. Take a test light hook the gater clip to the battery ( p side )and go through the wire harnes and see if the it lights up. the only time that this whould light up is when you hit some thing to grond out the test light. this will tell you if you have a short.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey Kenyel,Thanks for the info,i will give it a try i will let you know how it turns out cause i don't want to change out the system. I really like the sound i already have a high end stereo in my other car don't want another.
Megal911sc
Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey kenyel,Thanks for the tip on the fuse. Found out that there was some melted wires under the center console.I talk to audi about it and they agreed to repair it since they missed it the first time.It is because last year heat sheild had caught on fire because the car had a sensor fail and the cat got too hot and instead of audi letting cool off they said it will be fine since they had correct the problem after that the next day the radio stop working so now i will have music once again.

Thanks again
Megal911sc
Old 01-18-2011, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Excellent

Originally Posted by megal911sc
Hey kenyel,Thanks for the tip on the fuse. Found out that there was some melted wires under the center console.I talk to audi about it and they agreed to repair it since they missed it the first time.It is because last year heat sheild had caught on fire because the car had a sensor fail and the cat got too hot and instead of audi letting cool off they said it will be fine since they had correct the problem after that the next day the radio stop working so now i will have music once again.

Thanks again
Megal911sc
I am Happy that this work out for you.