Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delphi Skyfi install (again): how to connect if I have a cd changer ('01)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delphi Skyfi install (again): how to connect if I have a cd changer ('01)

Topic pretty much sums it up. I have a stock symphony non-Bose head unit. Got the skyfi unit but the sound quality pretty much sucks to put it mildly through the cassette adapter. I read about people using the blitzsafe adapters, but as far as I can tell I can't use them without giving up the CD changer. Are there any other options out there that I haven't seen? FM modulator is looking like the only other option. I'm not too good with wiring stuff, so I don't really want to cut up any harnesses if possible.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2002, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i have the Blitzsafe adaptor. I works very well. However i did give up my CD changer, but

i really didn't use it that much. I know since i put in my Sirius tuner i haven't even thought about using it. There is soo much music on there you won't even miss it. Now i have heard somewhere that someone, maybe blitzsafe is making a adaptor just like the one i have but it actually splits the cd connection in the back a adds the RCA inputs and then once you want to listen to your CD changer you hit the CDC button, and then hit it again to Toggle to the SAtellite tuner. That would be great. I don't know where but i did hear it somewhere.
Old 12-26-2002, 07:57 PM

That would be sweet
Old 12-28-2002, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Look above at Jeff Bipes Electronic bench...

He is looking at making what looks to be a patch cable... you plug it into the car's CDC plug and then the CDC's plug into it... it has a switch that you flip for CDC or AUX...pretty nifty...