Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does bose symphony use any crossovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does bose symphony use any crossovers?

i have a 2000 a6 with the bose symphony in it. there is an amp and sub in the trunk i think...

i am going to install a kenwood nav/dvd head unit and i was wondering about a few things before i started.

regarding the factory sub in the trunk side compartment....i have a couple of subs that i could make a better enclosure for and an amp to run them. I also have additional amps to run the factory speakers...that sound good enough for my tastes....i need to know the pin outs on the head unit and the amp in the trunk, as well as the wiring and location of any other hidden components of this bose symphony system.

so this leaves me with two main options..one is to just replace the head unit and integrate the factory amp and speakers as is.

the other is to do the head unit, subs and amps but keeping the factory door speakers.

my major concern is the amps destroying the tweeters or mid drivers in the doors due to distortion or overdriving low frequencies to them...so does the audi bose sytem have crossovers at the speakers, or inline post amplifiers? or do they use a pre amp crossover system that is part of the bose head unit?

other items of interest: i know i'll lose the steering wheel controls....no problem. i dont want to add amps and subs that take away any trunk room so i will probably end up fabbing a fiberglass enclosure to hold the 10" subs under the rear deck, firing into the cabin. at this time i dont want to upgrade the speakers (budget) so i need to make due with what i feel like is an adequate sounding set of audi/bose speakers. im upgrading to get video and navigation in the dash. i travel alot and can really use this for comfort/convenience!

any help here is appreciated...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:09 PM

Search is your friend...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Search is your friend...

i searched first....found 12 results that didnt answer my question.

i think my question was complex enough that it would not only get me the answers i needed but spark some conversation and get the opinion of others as well.