Sponsored by:

Experience with KUFATEC USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with KUFATEC USA

Anyone else have a poor experience with KUFATEC USA? Here is my story:

In early October I placed a phone order with Nick for their ipod integration kit (Alpine KCE4251 + MMI) with the RNSE removal keys. A week later I call back to request a tracking number for the kit. While I was expecting the kit at my door, I was informed that the unit that they had in stock was faulty and a new unit would be another weeks wait. I patiently waited for the unit. When the FIRST package arrived the wiring harnesses were incomplete, the removal keys were not in there, the Alpine and MMI units were unboxed and looked to be used, and there were no instructions, manuals or even an invoice. I called and spoke with Nick again who apologized and promptly sent a SECOND package. In that package I received another harness but was still missing removal keys, an ipod cable and the Alpine power cable along with the instructions and my invoice. I immediately called again and speak with Josh. I had to walk through with him what I had and didnt have. My invoice was then emailed to me and a THIRD package was sent with the remainder of the kit, 1 month after the initial order was placed.

So I finally have the entire kit and waited for the weekend to install it. When I get it installed the kit doesnt work!!! I call once again and speak with Nick. He has me check the firmware of my RNSE. Turns out that my RNSE needs to be "200" but mine is "260". Nowhere on their website (http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...ts_id=1028)did it inform me of that requirement. I was never informed of that requirement by Nick who took my phone order. Nor did I receive a manual that outlined that requirement. Nick advises me that he cannot tell me how to perform the downgrade but points me to a forum where the information can be found to reprogram the RNSE. I check that website and I do not understand a word of what everyone on that thread is talking about. At this point I realize I am in way over my head as far as the install. I call KUFATEC and speak with Nick again and inquire about their return policy. To no surprise he informs me that there are no refunds on electronics. I re-iterate my hardship with this order and ask if there are any options. He suggests re-selling the item (I have no idea if it works or not). Thanks alot!?!?!?!?!

I am currently looking for audio shops in the bay area that might be able to help...

Freddie at East County Euro has been helping me out and we will hopefully be able to sort this situation out soon.